Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Optical Character Recognition

Posted by gga 
gga
Optical Character Recognition
November 03, 2018 09:30PM
I' sure that I saw something on this forum about using OCR with WinDev but I can't seem to find it.
I'm thinking of using it to scan invoices and importing them to HFSQL.
Anyone tried this already?
Garry
pao
Re: Optical Character Recognition
November 05, 2018 11:53AM
In the LST 093 there was one example of the use of Tesseract OCR

[www.pcsoft.fr]

Regards

Paulo Oliveira
November 05, 2018 02:24PM
Hi Garry,

there was a posting about OCR on the old mysnip forum - I think it was in September 2018.
Probably just before it changed to wxforum.

Since searching does NOT work right now on this site - I get an error returned by the WEB Server - I can't find it.
But, I have kept a link to the posters/developers site, it is: [ssphilip.com]

Regards
Steven Sitas
November 08, 2018 06:23AM
Hi, the link to the OCR explanation is:

[www.wxforum.info]

I don't know why the search for "OCR" is not working, but a search for "Tesseract" is definitely working ...

Kind regards,

G. Predl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 06:25AM by harvey68.
November 08, 2018 09:28PM
Hi,

I have made a windows ocr service which uses the ocr dll from tracker-software.com.
That service adds an invisible text layer to pdf files. After some correction from the tracker software team it works now perfect for me.

I have put my code here : [forum.tracker-software.com] (post #3)

The full story is here : [forum.tracker-software.com]

regards Michael
October 20, 2019 08:34PM
integrating OCR is somthing windev should have done years ago likewise they should have switcht from 128 bit encryption to 256bit years ago
October 26, 2019 03:24PM
Hi Gary,

There are some interesting Amazon Web Services available one of them is called Textract which might meet with your requirements.
Personally I have not got the Amazon Web Services working with Windev yet but it is something I am trying to get working.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.