Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Borders on edit fields disappearing (WD 23) when screen is zoomed

Posted by Hilltopper 
Borders on edit fields disappearing (WD 23) when screen is zoomed
October 31, 2018 04:32PM
Hi, I converted my windev project to V23 yesterday (from 23) I'm having an issue with tith text field borders in V23. The issue manifests itself on fields that are anchored to move with the screen when the screen is maximized. When fields are set up this way they lose their borders. Anybody else have experience with this? Solutions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 04:45PM by Hilltopper.
Re: Borders on anchored edit fields disappearing (WD 23)
November 08, 2018 04:11AM
I've look at little more into this and the issue is being caused by using ..Zoom in screens. I have a feature in our software that allows users to change the zoom factor on screen system. They can set the percentage in their user profile and then when I open screen I use this code in initialization of screen.

IF Query_Zoom_Factor.ZoomFactor<>0 THEN

MySelf..Zoom=Query_Zoom_Factor.ZoomFactor

END

This worked great prior to V23 but in V23 the a lot of the fields lose their border. This seems to be the issue when the zoom factor is anything less that 25%.

Anyone have any ideas? Ever use ..Zoom in your programs?
November 08, 2018 06:17AM
Hi, this smells

a) like a problem of the graphics card ?

b) maybe there's a conflict with the settings of "enlargement" which were added in v23 ? I'd try some variations of that ...

Kind regards,

G. Predl
November 08, 2018 07:06AM
Hi Guenter,

Interestingly this only seems to occur when running app via RDP on a remote server. It does not happen on my windows 10 dev machine. It is happening on multiple Windows 2012 Servers.

I'll have to look into "enlargement" but this does not seem to be related to data. Maybe something to do with the new "layout" controls.

steve
November 08, 2018 10:31AM
Hi, oh I see! RDP always has a problem with the number of colors, RDP reduces the transfer size of the remote image in order to get it through faster. Imho, there are two ways to test for a fix. Firtly, I'd look into parameters for the RDP, perhaps there's a way to tweak the number of colors. Second, I'd try to change the border of the edit controls for a test then. Use a simple color. You could check by reducing the shown colors of your graphics card - if there's a way.

Regards, G. Predl
November 08, 2018 04:40PM
harvey68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, oh I see! RDP always has a problem with the
> number of colors, RDP reduces the transfer size of
> the remote image in order to get it through
> faster. Imho, there are two ways to test for a
> fix. Firtly, I'd look into parameters for the RDP,
> perhaps there's a way to tweak the number of
> colors. Second, I'd try to change the border of
> the edit controls for a test then. Use a simple
> color. You could check by reducing the shown
> colors of your graphics card - if there's a way.
>
> Regards, G. Predl

Oddly though, this did not happen prior to V23 and only happens when zoom is between less than 125 %.

Changing # of colors didn't help btw and the borders and the default black,
Re: Borders on edit fields disappearing (WD 23) when screen is zoomed
November 08, 2018 06:36PM
Hi,
I had some similar problems.
Problem started couple months ago.
Sometimes buttons cannot be clicked, lines missing in tables, etc.
In my case it was RDP problem that come with win server update.

This was solution:
[techcommunity.microsoft.com]

Change the following group policy either locally or via GPO in an AD environment on all Terminal Servers/Remote Session Hosts:
Set the following to Disabled
Computer Configuration/Policies/Admin Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Remote Session Environment: Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp – Disabled

Hope it helps

BR,
Alen Uzelac
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.