Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD Layout editor

Posted by Paul 
Paul
WD Layout editor
October 30, 2018 03:50AM
Hi - I've been working with the WD23 layout editor on a reasonably complex screen. I've found it pretty flakey, not always respecting the 'Disassociate' settings, also with controls showing fine in the WYSIWYG editor bet not showing at runtime (moved somewhere off the visible screen).
Anyone found a way to make it behave itself, perhaps refresh it's internal control references so it stops getting confused?

Rgds
Paul
Re: WD Layout editor
October 30, 2018 06:09AM
Hi,

"Layout Editor" = "Windows Editor"?

I'm using it on a daily basis, sometimes with rather complex windows too but did not find any big problems. One of the problems may be that the settings may become weird after changes of anchoring. You should always look at the percentages of anchoring and not only click one of the symbols! There you will find some 100% values which inevitably will get into your ways while changing the anchoring!

Kind regards,
G. Predl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 06:11AM by harvey68.
Attachments:
open | download - Ashampoo_Snap_2018.10.30_06h05m08s_001_.png (61.7 KB)
Paul
October 30, 2018 09:02AM
Hi

I'm referring to the layout editor within the Windows Editor - to activate it add a 2nd layout using the 'Layout' control in the Dashboard. Then for example you can create different layouts for portrait and landscape modes, for the same window.

Rgds
Paul
October 30, 2018 10:22AM
Hi,

oh, sorry, I don't use that - it's pretty new. I'd expect it to have some, uh, issues. If you can make a good and small demo of the problem, please submit it to PC Soft Tech Support!

Kind regards,
G. Predl
October 30, 2018 06:51PM
Hello Paul,

Yes I tried the layout control and it has issues. I did send bugs to PCsoft and they where able to reproduce. One issue, put a table control with breaks in a cell of the layout control the break headers would not show up. There where others but can not remember.

DW
Paul
October 31, 2018 06:40AM
Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully there will be a patch soon to resolve these issues.

Rgds
Paul
Paul
November 05, 2018 12:29AM
For anyone with a similar issue in the future, I found that having anchored controls inside anchored TABs really screws the 'layout' editor. Avoiding these has made it behave itself.
November 08, 2018 02:37PM
Thanks Guys
I just started using it, few days ago but I agree that it was disturbing when you lay everything well and at the run time see something else. Did they fix some of this bugs in the verion24?
Thanks
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.