Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev Tablet

Posted by gga 
gga
WinDev Tablet
October 29, 2018 03:48PM
Has anyone tried running a WinDev app on a Windows 10 tablet (other than a Surface Pro)?
I have a client who is interested in running my Wholesale inventory app from a portable device.
Garry
PS It is not a WebDev app!
Re: WinDev Tablet
October 29, 2018 04:31PM
Hi Garry,

Im using WD19 and no problem to use Windows 10 tablet :

OS Windows 10 Home
Processor Intel Cherry Trail
10" + Multi-touch display
RAM 4GB
SSD 64GB

For best view, you need to set on Windows Form > GUI > The window and controls are resized.

I also tested Windows 8 tablet for this spec :

OS Windows 8 Home
Processor IntelĀ® Atom
8" + Touch display
RAM 2GB
SSD 32GB

Regards,
Mujahid
Stewart Crisler
October 31, 2018 01:21AM
WinDev and Windows tablets are fantastic! I'm using about a dozen of them with bar code scanners interfaced via bluetooth and the tablets interfaced to the network via wifi to provide paperless picking and warehouse management. This is a high velocity application and it's being done mostly with Best Buy brand $200 Windows tablets.
gga
October 31, 2018 03:15PM
Mujahid, Stewart - thanks for this.
I cannot find a BestBuy tablet for anywhere near $200 in Canada. The least expensive Windows 10 tablet that I can find is an Acer Switch One 10 for about $300 and it seems to have very limited specs (Atom processor and 32G of flash storage). I am also considering a Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1 for about $500.
Garry
October 31, 2018 03:29PM
Hi,

Maybe direct from China is an option?

I bought a 10" Windows 10, 2gb ram, 32gb tablet a year or so ago... The only downside is you might have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.

GearBest has an offer on this at the moment:
[www.gearbest.com]

Regards,
Darren.
gga
October 31, 2018 06:15PM
Thanks Darren.
I have ordered one from GearBest. It cost $172.65 US incl. shipping & insurance. ($227 CDN)
The possibilities look interesting!
Garry
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.