Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TABLE getting SELECT events when editing form entry field

Posted by MikePace 
TABLE getting SELECT events when editing form entry field
October 29, 2018 02:20PM
I have an array based table and a super control with edit fields. I have no linked edit fields . i also have no edit fields in the table.
when i enter an edit field and exit from it a SELECT EVENT is issued on the table.

I don't want this and i don't know why it does it.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Re: TABLE getting SELECT events when editing form entry field
October 30, 2018 06:20AM
Hi,

do you really use EVENTS or just the built-in "Selecting a row of Tablexx" ? Events can be tailored to a single control as well as the built-in ones are restricted to work on the control with focus. So, if the focus is on an edit control there should be no way to fire a "selecting a row ..." event on the table control. Are you sure, it is a "Selecting a row of Tablexx" event which is fired?
October 30, 2018 06:53AM
Yes i am sure. I have used the debugger to confirm the sequence and I defined a trace in the table selection exit point.

it triggers when i select the row correctly. But, when i select an entry field and leave that field the select event on the table triggers/ this i don't understand and cant find any way to stop it.
October 30, 2018 07:25AM
Hi, this sounds very weird indeed. Is there any trtSelect.. process used somewhere in that supercontrol? That may trigger the table's process "Selecting a row .." if not propery defined.
October 30, 2018 08:03AM
i do have a button outside the superconrtrol that initiates a table refresh via a procedure. I have debugged the process and the command is only called after the table select occurs. I further, commented the procedure call and it still initiated the "SELECT EVENT" when the button is pressed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 08:04AM by MikePace.
October 30, 2018 08:10AM
The supercontrol may fire the "selecting a row .." event. Have a look at the processes of the supercontrol, maybe the table control inherits a "selected" event? I'd try to "disassemble" the supercontrol and use the controls separately without the supercontrol.
October 30, 2018 10:57AM
Hi,

Could the tab order be the culprit?
If the table is in the tab order after the supercontrol it gets focus when the supercontrol is exited and perhaps then a row selection event occurs.
October 31, 2018 08:43AM
no not the tab order.

I appreciate everyone's feedback
October 31, 2018 09:41AM
i have resolved the issue. I created some more edit fields and they did not have the problem. So, i just deleted the existing and rename the new and viola problem resolved. Somehow there must have been a previous link that the engine had kept a reference to.

Thanks for all the help
October 31, 2018 05:14PM
Hi Mike

Ha - cool.

I have seen that before - a bust control.

Now you know where to come for help. Great forum this.

Cheers
André
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.