Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD23] - Generation Directory

Posted by JP 
JP
[WD23] - Generation Directory
October 21, 2018 10:32AM
Hi All

I have a weird issue: On some projects when I look at the details/description of a configuration (e.g. the 32bit generation) there is a field where I can specify the target "Generation Directory". Now I have created 2 new projects and when I look at the Generation Description this field is not shown and instead the exe is created in the "exe" sub-folder of the project folder itself.

How can I choose the "Generation Directory" and why is it hidden by default for a new project?

Thanks
JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2018 10:33AM by JP.
Re: [WD23] - Generation Directory
October 21, 2018 10:54AM
Hi, just try to compile your project for 64-bit - you will quickly find out that now there are two different directories under your exe directory: a "32-bit Windows executable" and a "64-bit Windows executable". You can change the directory names and places by use of the mentioned field.
JP
Re: [WD23] - Generation Directory
October 21, 2018 11:14AM
@Harvey

Awesome, thanks!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.