Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WM] - How to ask user for specific right when the app is running?

Posted by YogiYang 
[WM] - How to ask user for specific right when the app is running?
October 10, 2018 07:55AM
Hello,

I have an Android app developed in WM20.

This was working fine but now it is not working properly on newer version of Android that is from Marshmallow onwards.

On reading the documentation of Google and Android I came to know that now we have to Ask for permission to access a feature at run time from the app.

How can we achieve that?

My app is running just fine the only thing that is now working is Sending of SMS from users GSM Mobile. this functionality just fails (from Marshmallow onwards) without any error being generated (until Orea came around).

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Re: [WM] - How to ask user for specific right when the app is running?
October 10, 2018 12:20PM
Hello, since Android version 5.0 (Marshmallow) the request of permissions to the user are in runtime, not for the content of the Manifesto. So for compatibility with previous versions must be defined in the Manifesto and if Android is >= 5 must use the acceptance of permissions at runtime. Unfortunately WM20 is not prepared for this and must be done in Java code. Look at [forum.pcsoft.fr]

Greetings

Rubén
October 10, 2018 01:47PM
Hi

or you could just upgrade to v23 and have all that managed for you.

as you will HAVE TO upgrade anyway if your app is in the google play store (v20 will soon be not compatible) and you will have more and more problem with new phones, I advise to do just that

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Free Video Courses, free WXShowroom.com, open source WXReplication, open
source WXEDM.

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]
October 12, 2018 01:42PM
Hello,

Thanks Rubén for the link.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.