Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

v24 was announced today

Posted by fabriceharari 
v24 was announced today
October 04, 2018 03:45PM
Hi everybody,

v24 was announced to day (in French, as usual) and should be available end of year (as usual) and usable around may (if nothing changes)...

And as usual, I went through the list of new stuff and translated for you the ones that I find interesting (that can go both ways)...

As usual also, these are MY choices: milage may vary.

Before somebody asks, the number in front is the PCSoft number for that new function, so that you can easily check the details. WD, WB, WM and WX indicates the target for that function, as far as I was able to understand it...

The link to the detailed pdf in french is:
[www.pcsoft-windev-webdev.com]

And now, here we go:

1. WD: Dockable panes

7. WX: Tokens field

68. WX: Analysis editor has been modernized... No precision... Let's hope that it's better, then.

101. WX: Setting inversion (A=B can become B=A in one clic)

110. WX: New variable type: JSON

116. WX: New DESTINATION for httprequest... That's good for download

117. WX: Content visualisation for httprequest... DEBUG!!!

119. WX: Certificate can now be stored in the WDL (and therefore not INSTALLED on each computer)

124. WX: OpenID

127..129: WD-WB-?WM?: Pirvate key/pubic key support

134. WX: Transform barcode into image

155. HFSQL: New JSON type item

156..157 HFSQL: New UUID type item; possibly automatic

158. HFSQL: AES crypting of files now possible

163. HFSQL: New hExportXLS and HExportCSV functions

174. WX: It's now possible to translate the standard messages (AAF by example)

208. WD-WM: Loopers have new display mode allowing to increase the number of column when the window size changes.

209. WD: Revamp of html field (finally)

226..227. WX: Improvements in the Debugger

299. WD: STDIN, STDOUT, STDERR

681..682 WM: Direct test and debug by GO on iPhone and iPad (if apple doesn't block)

684. WM: SWIFT is now available for iphone

691. WM: Android file selector (URI)

699. WM: GTHe report editor can now generate the PRINTING CODE that you can use under WM to print.

704. WM: Support of X86 intel framework (android on X86)

719. WB: new Automatic pane

731. WB: It looks like anchoring in webdev is going to be like in windev, finally

739. WB: Browser side OOP becomes available

743..744. WB: Open and Close are now available in server code... I am very curious to see how that works, as OPEN is said to behave as in windev (MODAL)

831..832. WB: A procedure or method can now be BOTH browser AND server side.

836. WB: it is FINALLY possible to use PAGEDISPLAY in an AJAX code!!!!!

842. WB: to test a site, no need to install/configure IIS/apache, a web server is INCLUDED... I hope that the previous system is maintained, so as not to break what we are already doing... hmmmm

955. WB: it seems that they improved the plane management... we'll see

959. WB: No need for FTP anymore during a site deployment... They finally discovered the httprequest function!!!!!!!!

962. WB: HOT install of web site: the users do not need to get out of the site (classic and awp)... if THAT WORKS, it's great, but it's akin to installing a new version of a windev program while somebody is using it... Logically, either there will be a TON of limitations, or the effect on users could be extremely strange (they are working on a page and that page changed completely, what happens?)

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Free Video Courses, free WXShowroom.com, open source WXReplication, open
source WXEDM.

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]
Re: v24 was announced today
October 04, 2018 06:18PM
Hi Fabrice,

thanks for your post.
Now this "WEBISATION DE VOS APPLICATIONs WINDEV ..." is what I think it is ?

Regards
Steven Sitas
October 04, 2018 06:59PM
Hi,

as we know it from the past, it is a first step to integrate WINDEV and WEBDEV. An integration like WINDEV & WINDEV Mobile. Whether it works flawlessly already in v24 or later in v27, every journey starts with the first step and it seems to be one into the right direction. Applications like TSPLUS made some impact, but you can't expect from PC Soft to abandon all the work sitting in WEBDEV. The first step is transformation of windows into pages. Maybe, we'll see the conversion of WD-applications into WB-applications in the future?

Regards, GuenterP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2018 06:59PM by harvey68.
October 04, 2018 08:47PM
Hi,

yes, they are announcing both translator of windev to webdev and windev to windev mobile

both things i find NOT interesting, as the development philosophy of each platform is completely different, and "translating", in my experience, does NOT work

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Free Video Courses, free WXShowroom.com, open source WXReplication, open
source WXEDM.

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]
October 04, 2018 10:00PM
Hi Guenter

You wrote:

>>Applications like TSPLUS made some impact, but you can't expect from PC Soft to abandon all the work sitting in WEBDEV.

Chalk and cheese I am afraid. Absolutely no comparison. Completely different concept. Web Apps are far more scalable.

Cheers
Andr
October 04, 2018 10:02PM
Hi Fabrice

You wrote:

>>both things i find NOT interesting, as the development philosophy of each platform is completely different, and "translating", in my experience, does NOT work

I have to agree - I have seen many companies try and do this sort of thing in one way or the other over the last 35 years or so and they all fail, every time a coconut. And the exercise is entirely unnecessary.

Cheers
André
Peter Holemans
October 05, 2018 08:19AM
All,

I see they implemented some of my main concerns regarding the ability to use M$ soap services with XML injection and authentication (see if it works) makes me happy. Also the ability to deconnect the business layer from all te rest more easily is promising but not outspoken enough imho. Still no real ORM though... Integrating all environment is promising and logical. Any other IDE (Visual Studio, JDeveloper, …) also allows to develop for any target from one environment. On WB the main problem remains that you have absolutely no control over the generated HTML so it remains a web development paradigm from a long long past...

Cheers,

Peter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.