Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD] Exclude image file in a project

Posted by RAUL 
[WD] Exclude image file in a project
October 04, 2018 01:17AM
Hello everybody.

My last WD project was in 2014. Too bad for me... because developing with this suite is my passion... I see most of you guys are still here (Fabrice, Derek, Arie, Steven Sitas, Ola, Guenter of course). I also remember good Pragma, he was a nice guy... I also forget a lot of names...

The thing is that I can`t figure out how to exclude an image file in a project. I have several windows with a locked image control in background to show a logo (let's say "logo.jpg"). What I want to do is to replace that logo overwriting the "logo.jpg" file in the app directory, but the old logo resides inside de exe or library.

Is there a way to replace that image file without having to modify every window in the project? How do I say WD not to include the logo.jpg file in the binary? It would be great in order to allow the client to customize a little the GUI.

TIA. Best regards to all of you.
Re: [WD] Exclude image file in a project
October 04, 2018 12:00PM
Hi Raul

welcome back...

As for your question, the answer is CODE...

Instead of setting the image in the field in the windev UI, do it by code in the opening of each window (that's where windows templates are great)

MyLogoField=completedir(fExeDir())+logo.jpg is all you need

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

Free Video Courses, free WXShowroom.com, open source WXReplication, open
source WXEDM.

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]
Re: [WD] Exclude image file in a project
October 05, 2018 12:45AM
Thanks Fabrice. I didn't want to do that but that's the only way. It's already done.
Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.