Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD23 and groupware

Posted by Jan de Bruin 
Jan de Bruin
WD23 and groupware
September 03, 2018 10:27AM
Hey Forum

When i have changed a user in the groupware, the user's password is not correct anymore.
i have to re-enter the password.

Does anyone has this experience and what to do about it?

TIA
Jan
Re: WD23 and groupware
September 03, 2018 01:00PM
Yes, there is a bug in groupware. I never could handle that one. I wrote my own groupware instead ...
September 05, 2018 11:34AM
Hi Harvey,

Could you share you groupware experience?
September 05, 2018 01:04PM
Hi aelfassi,
we wrote our own groupwares, a different one for each project, depending on necessities. They're tightly interwoven with our licensing scheme plus the ability to seamlessly switch between HFSQL Classic and HFSQL C/S. It would take many days to cut out and make a working & "neutral" groupware without the licensing and a few other "features". I'm sorry, currently there is no time & manpower for that.
September 05, 2018 03:26PM
Hi..

there is an example of such functions available in my WXEDM open source project (users management, permissions, profile, security...)

Best regards
September 05, 2018 11:22PM
Thank you harvey and fabrice for your answers,

I started making my own, But if the wheel is already made why I'm going to make a new.
What I wanted is not code but an idea about the design.

Aelfassi
September 06, 2018 10:17AM
Aelfassi,

start using the option to include the groupware in your project ("custom user groupware"). Together with the option to start it manually at runtime (a call to gpwOpen() )

From that point you are able to dig into it and see how it is done. Basicly a user/group has access to ALL controls until defined otherwise. So whenever you make a certain control invisible.inactive/disabled for a user/group, that will be stored in the groupware-database.If you get a peek into the tables you will see how things are organized. Quite simple if you ask me/

Then on window/page opening these records are loaded and the corresponding controls are set to the desired state. This is done by the WD/WB framework and works bug free if you ask me. But you can write and extend one yourself if you want.

Until a few years ago (can't remember the exact version) the built-in windows (talking about WD..) were looking really awful. Therefore I built my own one, still using the groupware database (but added some extra fields) and also letting the framework do the work when opening a window (as described above).

So you can use the grouwpare as-is.
You can use the groupware partially and extend/change where needed.
You can build one yourself from scratch,

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.