Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB22 - Combo Control

WB22 - Combo Control
September 02, 2018 04:01PM
Hi All

No idea if this move has taken place yet. It seems as though I get redirected to the new forum, Hope someone is going to see this and respond.

Here is my problem - I have a combo control on a WB page. I am not getting the selection process right. I have placed code in the whenever modified server code and return from ajax in browser. This works very well but only when a new record is selected. When the page is first loaded nothing is triggered when the first record is selected. When you return from any other code and the same record in the combo is selected no trigger. It only gets triggered if the selection changes again.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
André
Re: WB22 - Combo Control
September 02, 2018 04:03PM
Sorry - wrong forum - moved to WB forum.
September 02, 2018 04:06PM
OK - I am confused and admit defeat - I did not post this to the WB forum. I am leaving it here.
September 02, 2018 04:44PM
Hi André,

yes, the forum is being moved, that means the old one has been disabled. Unfortunately, the newest postings have not been moved yet and will replace the current set of postings.

Kind regards,
GuenterP (disguised as a certain harvey who is the current admin here)
September 02, 2018 05:09PM
Hi Guenter

Does that mean that anything we post here will be ignored or removed when the rest of the posts are brought across? Are we without a forum until this exercise is complete?

BTW - thanks the folk who are keeping this alive. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
André
September 02, 2018 05:19PM
Hi André,

honestly: that might happen! Right now they're working on transferring the postings from A to B.

Kind regards,
GuenterP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 07:23PM by harvey68.
September 02, 2018 07:04PM
Hi André,

A quick answer then before it has been removed:
Do a ExecuteProcess(cmb_MyCombo,trtChange) in the onload section of the page.
(Not sure if the return after Ajax Process works if you do it in from server code)

Kind regards, Piet
September 02, 2018 11:53PM
Hi Piet

Thanks for chipping in Piet - I have been trying that but have not got it sorted yet. I must be missing something. Going to give that a bash again.

Ajax I found does not work and returns an error calling the stored value which is the whole point of the exercise in the first place.

Cheers
André
September 04, 2018 04:47AM
Hi Piet

The executeprocess function would cause an infinite loop as this argument is on a popup and the popup is also executed on load. I sorted the problem with LooperSelectPlus in browser code.

Thanks a ton for your input.

Cheers
Andre
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.