Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD Project Queries vs Analysis Queries

Posted by Marijan Tomasic 
Marijan Tomasic
WD Project Queries vs Analysis Queries
August 02, 2018 11:43AM
I'm not quite clear about using Analysis queries in WINDEV. Why they are not visible in the project?
Is their only purpose to be used within Stored Procedures?

I thought that Stored Queries are an analogy of Views within MSSQL Server but it is obviously not so?

I think it would be logical that all qureies are defined within Analysis, and that they are automatically visible within the project.

Or did I miss something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 11:44AM by Marijan Tomasic.
Re: WD Project Queries vs Analysis Queries
November 02, 2018 10:43AM
Hi,
You can make queries several ways:

1 new .. querie.( make with querie wizzard 0
2 in code 1
3 In code 2

1 You can make it with the wizzard . Then if you need specific queries with sqlof yourself . you can change the sql code. The querie is saved in a seperate file . You can edti it withthe editor .Or if you have adited the code hit F2 in de code editor on the name of the querie.You will then be taken to its code.
The idea is to keep the querie stuff out of the code . thius make it readeble. The querie can be used as if it where a file. With hexecute querie you activate the querie.
So Not in your analysis . In the anlyses you define the file structure

2 my querie is querie [ sql code ]

This is the new syntax . Cool for simple queries . it connothandle big advanced sql. Then it generates errors. So nice if you want to see the code inthe code editor. For me quite useless as it is not equiped for advancedsql

3 someing is string = [ sql code]

Cool can run about any sql you add. However no intelisence ans other option ( oiption 2) . use the old sql functions with this. Or hexecute querie both possible. It is fast with the old functions

Hope this gives some insight
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.