Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple Plane or separate Window

Posted by InfosPilot 
InfosPilot
Multiple Plane or separate Window
July 28, 2018 03:49PM
Your opinion and experience

For a project that will use the HFS C / S database with a large number of data what is the difference if you use one Window (Multiple Plane) or use a separate Window for each operation (Window)

Thanks
Fabrice Harari
Re: Multiple Plane or separate Window
July 28, 2018 04:36PM
Hi

there are a few differences that you should consider.

1. Weight of the window... If everything is in one window, then comes a time when opening time becomes too slow for the user. And of course, you need to add code to load data content ONLY when opening a plane, otherwise your opening time is going to explode.

2. Type of UI... If you are using plane, you have only one thing visible at a time. With separate windows, you can have modal and/or non modal windows and display multiple types of information at the same time.

3. You can have an independant HF context per window... NOT per plane. Your code should reflect that, if it's not always the case.

As a result, I tend to mix both techniques. I will use planes for all the differents process on one file, by example (browse table, select, create/edit/delete/ secondary process), but I will use a distinct window for each process/file, so as being able to display multiple things if it's interesting/necessary.

best regards
InfosPilot
Re: Multiple Plane or separate Window
July 28, 2018 05:01PM
Thanks Fabrice
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.