Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WDXX] PDF-Tool Integration (PDF Xchange Editor or Foxit)

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
Michael Drechsel
[WDXX] PDF-Tool Integration (PDF Xchange Editor or Foxit)
November 18, 2017 01:10PM
Hi,

I try to integrate a PDF Tool like Pdf Exchange Editor (www.tracker-software.com) or Foxit in my application.
I need annotations and digital signing. Tracker writes at the homepage that they support Windev.

Did anybody tried this before ?
Hi Michael,

We use pdf x-change extensively throughout our hosted environment. Although I haven't touched the digital signing part of it, if it is like the rest of the things I've done with it, it is fairly straight forward.

Just let me know if I can be of some assistance.

cheers!
ken
Michael Drechsel
Re: [WDXX] PDF-Tool Integration (PDF Xchange Editor or Foxit)
November 21, 2017 09:32PM
Hi Ken,

thank you.

do you have a little sample project as starting point for me ?

The first problem: How to include the sdk in the windev enviroment, call a window and switch some toolbars on/ off.
Got it. I've got a simple pdf viewer that I wrote in windev, let me look at that and make sure there's nothing proprietary in it. If not, I'll zip it up and send it over.

cheers!
ken
Michael Drechsel
November 22, 2017 02:02PM
HI Ken,

perfect. Thx a lot.
Michael Drechsel
November 25, 2017 05:51PM
Hi Ken,

sorry, but did you already send me anything ? Perhaps it is lost in the O365 SPAM folder ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2017 05:52PM by Michael Drechsel.
Michael Drechsel
February 23, 2018 01:46PM
Hi Ken,

can you please send me the short example of your pdf-viewer ? (see above)

Thx
Hi Ken,
Even I need your example to start with. can you please send me your example ?
Michael Drechsel
April 10, 2018 02:23PM
Hi,

unfortunately Ken don´t answered.
Hi

I'm not sure why you want to use an external tool for any of that...

You can display a pdf in an image field
There is a full example called PDF viewer done like that available in windev
You can sign a pdf with the pdfsign function (available in v22)

So using an external tool seems like a huge waste of time to me

Best regards
Michael Drechsel
April 11, 2018 01:30PM
Hi Fabrice,

we have a lot of drawings and need it for the annotations where every user show have his own pen-color, ID and so on.

These functions are current not availible in WD.
Hi

How about pdfViewer control in wd23 (011 new feature, now in French version?

If so, is it a worth of an upgrade from wd22 to wd23?

Have a thought!

Cheers

King
Michael Drechsel
April 11, 2018 02:52PM
Hi King,

never use a new introduced feature in the first release ( like Fabrice says) :rp:
Thx for your advice Michael smiling smiley

'so tempting to use this embedded and hoping for pdfEditControl for
field/lookup input in future version.

Cheers

King
Hi actually, most of these functions ARE available in the WD PDF viewer example (annotations in different color pens and so on)

And because it's written in wlanguage, you can adapt EXACTLY the way you want

Best regards
as for the v23 pdf control, it's a completely not useful control, as the example in question IS already doing all that...

In fact, I'm pretty sure they just wrapped the example in a DLL and made a few improvement that you get for relinquishing the possibility to have more control and make your own changes...

Best regards
Michael Drechsel
April 12, 2018 09:53AM
Hi Fabrice,

can´t see anything with annotations in the example. The last WD PDF Viewer example is for me in WD20.
WD21 + WD22 don´t have this in the english version.

By the way:

Annotations in PDF´s is not only draw a red line over the pdf. You can export / import them in a *.fdf file, embedd them into the underlaying pdf file. We need also the ability to measure something in the drawing and so on.
We need this for collaboration between a couple of user. Each of them should make his own comment about the content of the pdf drawing. And this should be stored in the database.
Hi all,

So so sorry about not getting back in here and following up. I got pulled away trying to get some real estate ready for closing.

If this ever happens in the future, always feel free to shoot me an email at kenknight @ helpconsulting.net

Here's the promised example viewer using PDF-XChange. If you don't have a developer key and secret from Trakker software, all your pdfs will show up with a watermark.

https://www.helpconsulting.net/downloads/pdfviewer.zip

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to step back in on this thread over the next week or so to make sure everyone is working with it ok.

Best regards,
Ken
Hey Ken the download link does not work. Maybe someone else has an updated link..

Have challenge with PDF viewer in WX (23+24) not handling form fields so needs to go the PDF exchange direct integration route. any help will be appreciated.

Regards
David Swindon
July 01, 2019 07:40PM
Hi,

just for the records:

I have tried to integrate the PDFXchange Editor ActiveX with no success. The object model is heavy to understand and some functions doesn´t work in Windev.

So we decided to test the Foxit ActiveX and voila... it´s so much easier to understand and integrate.

So we have now a fully working pdf reader with annotations, fields and signing capabilities in Windev.

regards Michael

regards Michael
July 02, 2019 03:09PM
Michael,

What is the cost of Foxit ActiveX?

DW
July 02, 2019 07:15PM
Hi DW,

it´s a good question. They make really a secret around the price, you can´t find it in the internet..
Our deal is 3.400 € for up to 250 users. It´s ok for us.
If you need support, 2 hours are included. After that they sell a 10 hours block for 2.500 €, which is very expensive.
I found a bug but they doesn´t fixed it for free. It´s like a deja vus with PC Soft ...

regards Michael
July 02, 2019 08:47PM
Thanks Michael,

Now I see why they keep it a secret.

DW
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.