Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD20] Receipt Printer - Opening the Cash Drawer

Posted by Curtis 
Curtis
[WD20] Receipt Printer - Opening the Cash Drawer
September 01, 2017 10:17PM
I'm attempting to support 2 more brands of receipt printer in my application. I have a Star TSP100 working well. I'm trying to add a POS-X Evo Green and a Citizen CT-S310II.

I have the Citizen set up correctly except for opening the cash drawer. For the Star I use:

iEscape(Charact(7)) // Open drawer attached to Star printer
iEndPrinting()

This does not work for the Citizen. From this site I found the following codes.

// The following 2 lines have been edited since I originally posted
IF Citizen THEN iEscape(Charact(27) + Charact(112) + Charact(0) + Charact(50) + Charact(250)) // Open drawer attached to Citizen printer
IF Pos-X THEN iEscape(Charact(27) + Charact(112) + Charact(0) + Charact(25)) // Open drawer attached to Pos-X printer
iEndPrinting()

1. The new escape sequence opens the drawer, but it makes the printer error led light up, and the printer is unavailable in Windows until I turn it off and back on. I've tried multiple combinations of that escape sequence and can't get it right.

2. For the POS-X Evo I can get the drawer to open with a number of sequences from the combining the numbers above, but every sequence that successfully opens the cash drawer also feeds some paper.

I believe I have both drivers correctly installed. Does anyone have experience with either of these printers? Is there a certain printer property/preference that I may be missing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 10:51PM by Curtis.
Fabrice Harari
Re: [WD20] Receipt Printer - Opening the Cash Drawer
September 01, 2017 10:39PM
hi

strange,

I followed your link and the citizen is NOT on this page, it's on another one of the same site, and it's NOT the same esc sequence that the one you are using:
[keyhut.com]
code: 27,112,0,50,250

Best regards
Curtis
September 01, 2017 10:48PM
Oops. I am actually using 27,112,0,50,250 for the Citizen. The one I listed is actually what I found for the Pos-X printer.

iEscape(Charact(27) + Charact(112) + Charact(0) + Charact(25)) // Open drawer attached to Citizen POS-X printer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 11:08PM by Curtis.
Robert Willis
September 02, 2017 03:45AM
Curtis

I have a kiosk application that prints, can I ask how you handle printer errors, such as out of paper, etc?

Thanks
Rob
Curtis
September 05, 2017 05:07PM
I currently don't do anything specific to handle printer errors. I do have options to reprint just about everything.

EDIT: It's possible that the cash drawer I'm using doesn't match the voltage the for the receipt printer. I'm going to try another cash drawer soon.

EDIT 2: I fixed the POS-X issue by setting "Cut Paper" to "No Feed" in the printer preferences. Then the escape code worked to open the drawer. I just had to add an extra code to feed and cut since I turned the setting off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 12:04AM by Curtis.
Was there ever a resolution to the Citizen s310ii printer error light? I have the same issue with the 27,112,0,50,250 ESC sequence. It opens the cash drawer, and the printer has a freak out and requires a full power cycle before it's functional again. This is even shown when using the citizen printer setup tool, testing Cash Drawer command 1 brings the same error light. In the utility, the same happens regardless if the "use the driver" toggle is on or off. I do have the driver's installed.

Windows 7 x64 SP1
Aronium Lite POS
.Net 4.8 Installed

January 17, 2024 11:37AM
Hello Curtis.

1. What type of connection you use: LPT, COM, USB, Net ?
2. Can you change emulation mode of your printer to Epson, Star or some standard/known POS printers with standard ESC codes.
3. Cash drawer can have 12 or 24 V. So if you have uncompatible voltage then your cash drawer will never be opened.

It can be driver issue. Because of that I was ask you for the type of your connection to the printer.
ESC p is regular sequance (Pulse) I was see in POS-X manual.

I can see on POS-X web page many tools for printer configuration, so maybe you can try.
I was never use printer of this manufacturer so this is my experience from another situations.

Regards !
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.