Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

English WX21 For Sale

Posted by StanleyBarnett 
StanleyBarnett
Re: English WX21 For Sale
December 05, 2016 03:30PM
Allard
Adding a j-querie application to your project for instance.
So adding something like a chat or any .js application to a WebDev21 website is not doable?

Thanks, Stanley
Peter Holemans
December 05, 2016 04:01PM
Hi Stanley,

You can perfectly include .js stuff in there... I have several of these plugins in WebDev applications like CKEditor and it works pretty well.

However with V22 there are major enhancements coming up in this area.
I just still have to test how well they integrate but from what I've seen it is pretty well done.
Pages 78-79-80 in the French WX22 brochure.

Cheers,

Peter Holemans
StanleyBarnett
December 05, 2016 10:49PM
Hi all,

As of my meeting in person with Andy Stapleton from WXPerts yesterday (Sunday) and seeing their new training initiative, I agreed to give pcSoft another chance, which is what I needed and could not find when I purchased it a year ago. So for now, I am withdrawing my offer to sell, so if this does not work out as expected, then I will sell it all.

Before I had decided to sell the WX stuff and coming from a Microsoft VFP background I had started the transition to Visual Studio 2015 community/free edition with Xamarin integrated, as it seems like that best way to use my 18 years of VFP skills. The need to do web and mobile was something that VFP could not do, hence the need for a replacement.

Thanks for all interest...
Stanley
Allard
December 06, 2016 08:32PM
Hi Stanly,

There are other apps that are fine as well.:

- Wakanda for instance ( is a free version availeble ) Works with javascript for server and browser. Verry cool But also relative new product.

and if you want to go completely to a new ide for VPF, where you can even code VPF code check out :
Lianja

But for me webdev is the way to go
1 Because I know wlanguage
2 I know the IDe. Queries is a snap etc etc
3 V22 goes in way you can adopt opensource stuff
etc

But there are other interisting developments as wellL
Oracl has opensouced there java framework and give away a free ide ( Jdeveloper) in that you can do a lot like 4 gl development. A big portion of the adf faces is free availeble as ware a view application servers to deploy for free as well glas fish etc
There are some 150 controls . But developing for mobile is still only on they paid version and is expensive

Then there are the apps that let you draw your code with schema's that gain popularity for build in features can give administrators udge do it your self features.
- Webratio ( reasonably priced)
- Out systems ( expensive)
- Mendix ( expensive )
Yogi Yang
December 07, 2016 01:02PM
Hello,

For that matter there are other xBase dev tools also like:
    [*] Flagship (http://www.fship.com/)
    [*] Harbour (https://harbour.github.io/)
    [*] XBase++ (http://alaska-software.com/products/overview.cxp)
HTH

Yogi Yang
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.