Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oracle Native Access Error message

Posted by Mitchell 
Mitchell
Oracle Native Access Error message
June 10, 2008 01:26PM
Hi all,
does anybody knows how to fix this error messages from native access of oracle? or from where? i am trying to fix it but since 2days now i still cannot fix it....help please....message below :

"No library access to Oracle has been found (oci.dll or ociw32.dll): Oracle client layer is probably not installed correctly.
You must install a layer 7.3 minimum score Oracle to use native access WinDev for Oracle.
Dump error of module <WD110HF.DLL> <11.00Fc>.

-- WL Call:
Processing <mainform.CELL_Cell1.BTN_Button1>, line <4>, thread <0>
Function <HOuvre>, syntax # <3>

-- Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL)

-- Error Code: 73001

-- WD55 Error Code: 3001

-- No system error code

-- No system error message

-- What happened?
ORACLE native access error.
Error Number = 1038

No library access to Oracle has been found (oci.dll or ociw32.dll): Oracle client layer is probably not installed correctly.
You must install a layer 7.3 minimum score Oracle to use native access WinDev for Oracle."

thanks in advance
Leo
Re: Oracle Native Access Error message
June 10, 2008 04:10PM
It seems you did'nt install the Oracle client on your PC.
After that a listener should be configured.

Leo

ps A nice tool to manage Oracle is Toad (see Quest Software)
mitchell
June 11, 2008 11:27AM
Hi leo,
I installed already the oracle client, but it seems still not working, anybody can suggest me here on how to used the oracle database native access ,and what are the other things might be needed..maybe i miss something here?

help please...

the procedure that i made is below : (maybe i miss somethng here?)
how to set the oracle native access
1. Install IIS / localhost must be running
2. create virtual directory for WIS
3. Install Oracle Client
4. Install oracle native access
5. Install oracle instant client
- configure by using the procedure : [www.oracle.com]
6. Install WISWEB application (this is the application done in webdev using oracle native access)
7. Done

helps...
Paulo Oliveira
June 11, 2008 02:06PM
Check the registry see if the oracle client is there.
Check the PATH variable to see if the oracle client is there, WEBDEV needs to know where is the oracle client.
In one of my servers( win 2k server) i had the same problem . After the installation of all the programs (WEBDEV,ORACLE NET and native access) WEBDEV still doesn't work and one restart of the server solve the problem.
you only need oracle net not all the oracle client to work with WEBDEV/WINDEV.
I'm using oracle 11g, i don't know if with other oracle version it is the same.
Mitchell
June 11, 2008 04:34PM
hayyyyyyyyyyy,its my 3 days nows troubleshooting for this issue, till now still not working at all :-( , very very very tiring...
helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp......S.O.S...

:-(
Leo
June 12, 2008 11:29AM
Can you access Oracle via another tool ?
Via SQLPlus f.i. ? This should be installed together with Oracle automaticly.
If you cannot connect to a DB via SQLPlus, perhaps the listener is not configured well.
Mitchell
June 14, 2008 09:10AM
Hi leo,
I can access it through TOAD, sqlplus, and .net visual studio,...the listener is working well, but the error still comes....that error is strange to me..till today still not yet solved...if i run it in webdev server engine, that errors will come..on the same machine on which the webdev server is installed the SQLPLUS,TOAD is working fine... something is missing here i really don't know .. :-( :-( :-(

:confused:
Ben
June 16, 2008 11:47AM
Hi Mate,

You are using the Native driver if i read this correctly? Could you try using OLE DB just as a test?

Also, what client OS are you using? If you're using Vista try running Webdev in administrator mode just to be on the safe side.

A problem i had before with webdev is the context in which the app server runs. .NET uses a different policy, so my ASP.NET apps worked a charm, but webdev didnt on Oracle 9i. How do you authenticate to Oracle, ie. password or integrated?

What I had to do was changing the context in which the webdev app server runs, ie, give it a domain account to run under. Note that this was for OLE DB, so your case could be different. But again, this was with Vista Ultimate to a Win2003 server DB.

Regards

David Stevens
November 15, 2012 02:28PM
Have you been able to sort this native acces to Oracle using WebDev? I am also pulling-out my hair
Kingdr8
November 16, 2012 03:13PM
Hi

Try something like this as below:

type in

PORT=1521;WD CLIENT LIBRARY=c:\oracle\product\11.1.0\client_2\BIN\ociw32.dll

in "Extend information: box
wdSql > Connection Wizard > Advanced button

p.s. you must locate exact path and wdSql.exe is in 32-bit
oci.dll should be in 64-bit

HTH

King
amh
April 03, 2013 04:23PM
hi,
can i know if your problem were resolved? i have the same thing.
Please help.
ADRIANO JOSE BOLLER
March 02, 2020 10:29PM
native ORACLE access error.
Error Number = 1038

No access library to Oracle was found (oci.dll or ociw32.dll): the Oracle client layer may not be installed properly.
You must install an Oracle 7.3 client layer (minimum) to use the WINDEV Native Connector for Oracle.
The Oracle client layer must be in a directory declared in PATH.

Solution About Error Driver Oracle

It error it incrible!!!!!

native ORACLE access error.
Error Number = 1038

No access library to Oracle was found (oci.dll or ociw32.dll): the Oracle client layer may not be installed properly.
You must install an Oracle 7.3 client layer (minimum) to use the WINDEV Native Connector for Oracle.
The Oracle client layer must be in a directory declared in PATH.

IN 32 AND 64 BITS ERROR

To solve this message we had to copy all the files in the folder

C:\Webdev 25\Programmes\Framework\Win64x86

to the folder

C:\Webdev 25\Programmes\Framework\Win32x86

All files

After copying all the files, we rename the EXE to ....with_error

wdtst_user_with_error.exe
wdtst_with_error.exe

After rename files

wdtst_user64.exe to wdtst_user.exe
wdtst64.exe to wdtst.exe

Test Connection use SID OK in Framework 32 and 64 bits now

RUNNING SQL OK = RESULT 36

So it is something serious, the Webdev installed in the 64 bits version with the Oracle driver it has something inside it where it points to 32, because changing the files worked. PLEASE URGENTLY REQUEST A CORRECTION PACK TO GENERATE NEW DOWNLOAD VERSION

Version 24 and 25 Driver native it is equal error!!!!

I think this problem has been going on for years. There is somewhere the direction of the route which dll to use if 32 or 64, and that place, even in version 64, points to framework 32 and that is why this error occurs.

Please see this with the technicians, here I solved it, but there must be more people using the oracle driver with this problem.
ADRIANO JOSE BOLLER
March 02, 2020 10:45PM
SOLUCAO - DRIVER ORACLE NATIVO

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.