Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD11] Using .Net Object

Posted by David Egan 
David Egan
[WD11] Using .Net Object
June 10, 2008 06:17AM
Hi
I am having problems understanding how to use a .Net object in Windev. I have an ActiveX control which also comes as a .Net object. The ActiveX works well but I thought it would be instructive to try & get the .Net object working.
I can of course place the ActiveX object on the window and it then displays when the window is displayed. How do I do that with a .Net object? I have added the object to the project which has added a heap of classes but I don't have a control for the .net object that i can move etc. According to the documentation which is all based on VS.Net I should see 4 User Defined controls, which are then placed on the window in the same way as any other control. We don't have that in Windev so does that mean Windev can't use any of these .Net controls or am I missing something really basic?

Thanks

David
Mitchell
Re: [WD11] Using .Net Object
June 10, 2008 01:50PM
Hi David,
I am using .Net Object or .net assemblies with Windev and Windev Mobile for my RFID applications. like Vehicle Tracking application, Infant Tracking Application and Asset Tracking application. with Windev as the main IDE , your development time will be less. some of my code below :

GLOBAL
MReader is object clsReader dynamic = new clsReader();
MReaderInfo is object clsReader dynamic = new clsReader();
gpclMonReader is object clsReaderMonitor dynamic = new clsReaderMonitor();
MReaderInfo = MReader:ReaderSettings;
gpclMUtils is object AlienUtils dynamic = new AlienUtils();
gpclMTagInfo is object TagInfo dynamic = new TagInfo();
sTag is string

you must declare the object as dynamic before you can use it. Documentation for this can be found in windev help files also.

regards
mitchell
Ben
June 10, 2008 08:45PM
Hi David,

If you mean embedding a .NET Control on a form, then you're out of luck. Unless someone else could prove me otherwise, but I believe you can only use .NET assemblies, but not embedding actual controls.

Even with XAML there are some serious limitations, but at least it works.
David Egan
June 10, 2008 08:57PM
Thanks Mitchell & Ben
Yes, I'm really talking about a .Net control on the form. Maybe I'm being dumb but wouldn't that be the main reason for using .Net from something like Windev?

David
joe crevino
June 11, 2008 02:25PM
Dave,
You are right. If PCSOFT does not do a upgrade they will be hurting sales.

joe crevino
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.