Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I create my own RAD pattern?

Posted by Mark 
Mark
How do I create my own RAD pattern?
June 07, 2008 01:05PM
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I want to create my own RAD pattern to produce standard maintenance windows. Simple window with a table and edit controls and the usual add, save buttons etc. I have created a mockup and I want to produce a RAD pattern that will ultimately knock these out against whatever data file I point them at.

TIA
Jimbo
Re: How do I create my own RAD pattern?
June 07, 2008 08:59PM
Hi Mark, there is not much of a documentation in WD Help, but first - for procedural RAD - you should inspect the *.MDL files in \WinDevnnUS\programs\Data\Models\RAD\WD - there is a built-in programming language but you cannot break the tight rules that are imposed on the structure of the MDL files. After learning & understanding the MDL programs and their rules you can start your own model. Regards, Guenter
Mark
June 07, 2008 11:49PM
Guenter,

Thanks for the info I will have a look.
DarrenF
June 09, 2008 12:06PM
Hi,

Also, there are a few NEW tutorial vids on the PCSoft web site for WX12, and the new RAD is the subject of one of them. Not watched it myself (yet), but will hopefuully get around to it tonight, as RAD will be the focus of much of my development (hopefully)...

Let's see how big the improvements are in WX12...? winking smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.