Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Broadcast IP Address

Posted by Ben 
Ben
Broadcast IP Address
June 03, 2008 09:07AM
When I run the ping command from my command line, I'm able to ping my broadcast IP address (Just to be clear, this is not my own IP address, but the broadcast calculated from my subnet and IP address to ping all devices on my local area).

However, the Ping command from within Windev 12 doesnt seem to give me a response. Any ideas what might be the cause?
Carlo Hermus
Re: Broadcast IP Address
June 03, 2008 09:43AM
Ben,

I think it is a limitation see the help.

<Address> : Character string (with quotes)

Address whose network connection must be checked. This IP address can have the following format :

Address in XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX format (125.5.110.100 for instance). This syntax is recommended.
DNS Address (www.windev.com for instance).
Address returned by NetIPAddress

Perhaps you can inform PCSoft and ask for the next release or create a procedure to calculate the IP range of the broadcast address and ping all ip adresses seperatly.
Ben
Re: Broadcast IP Address
June 03, 2008 09:50AM
Cheers Carlo,

I did create a procedure in the end. I'm also doing some ARP queries as well which are not natively supported smiling smiley

Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.