Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev compare to c#, vb.net, java

Posted by Peter Ng 
Peter Ng
Webdev compare to c#, vb.net, java
May 29, 2008 03:31PM
Hi there,

Is there any writeup on the advantages/disadvantages in comparing webdev to c#, vb.net, java or even php?

I've been programming in desktop environment ( clarion ) and need to get into web development projects.

Would need it in summarised point so as to convince my boss to buy webdev.

Thanks & Regards,

Peter Ng
KenKnight
Re: Webdev compare to c#, vb.net, java
May 31, 2008 03:58PM
Hi Peter,

Seems like I recall an older write up that might be applicable... actually it was a windev vs clarion write located here; [clcompare.blogspot.com]

That is something I really need to put up on the windevtutorials site (especially since I write in most of those languages) but frick'n time is my enemy in most cases. However, I'm on VACATION!! this week so I may see if I can't wrangle up a few pages.

Cheers!
Ken
KenKnight
May 31, 2008 04:00PM
sorry about the duplicate post... I was getting some type of non-specific error being returned by the site.

THanks,

Ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 06:17PM by KenKnight.
Hyrum Tatton
June 01, 2008 06:38PM
Peter:
We have used both Visual Studio C# and WebDev.

WebDev offers a much more Clarion Like environment. If you are skilled with clarion you will transition to WebDev very quickly.

Version 12 now includes a 10 user distributable WebDev Application Engine that makes WebDev much more attractive for small sites like we sell to.

My vote is for WebDev.

Hyrum
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.