Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cellular phone calls using a computer

Posted by Alvaro Boldo 
Alvaro Boldo
Cellular phone calls using a computer
May 29, 2008 02:24AM
Do you know if it is possible to make an application that could control a cell phone for:

1) Make a phone call, and speak or say some pre recorded words or some music or something automatically?

2) Receive a phone call and wait until the call ends.

I do have windev and windev mobile 11, (free upgrade to 12)

Could you give me please a hint on where to begin? also a sure "not possible with windev" is welcome.

Thank's

Alvaro

KenKnight
Re: Cellular phone calls using a computer
May 29, 2008 02:31AM
Hi,

Unless the phone had a usb/serial connection and could act as a voice modem I'm not aware of this being able to be done.

If you don't mind me asking why cellular?

thanks,
Ken
Alvaro Boldo
May 29, 2008 02:48AM
Ok, I was thinking that the application could run only in the mobile phone with out the dependence of a computer. So the PC - USB/Serial connection is maybe not required.

It is necessary to use a cell phone because we need to generate simulated trafic (with real cell to cell calls) for testing and validation porpouse.

In the PDF Brochure of windev mobile 12 says:

Access to TAPI (telephony functions) is native with WLanguage: automatic dial .... Dictaphone

Alvaro

KenKnight
May 29, 2008 03:32AM
Hi Alvaro,

Very interesting. I have the Samsung ich-760, however, I've never attempted to use the tapi capabilities of it (if they exist). I'll have to play with this.

Cheers!
Ken
Alvaro Boldo
May 29, 2008 03:56AM
Thank's Ken, I'll begin my test when I get my smartphone ... have to wait for a few weeks, but in the mean time, I will keep researching. Any comment about your test results will be appreciated.

Alvaro
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.