Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev 12 US is here!

Posted by X. Schauwvlieghe 
X. Schauwvlieghe
WinDev 12 US is here!
May 23, 2008 07:33PM
Hi everybody,

version 12 US is released and can be downloaded from www.windev.com!

have a nice weekend...

cheers,
Xavier
Charles Jolly
Re: WinDev 12 US is here!
May 23, 2008 07:38PM
I believe that nobody gone sleep dormira this weekend....... yupppiii

cheers
Charles
DerekT
May 23, 2008 08:25PM
All I need now is my dongel upgrade information. :-(

Maybe tonight????? :rp: It would seem not! sad smiley

Maybe tonight????? :confused:

DerekT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2008 11:45AM by DerekT.
Al
May 24, 2008 06:51PM
Hello All

The dongle update program has an interesting interface

It displays initially in French and show two flag icons to change the base language.

The French Flag changes the display to English and the English Flag changes the language to French.

Regards
Al

Al
May 24, 2008 07:20PM
Hello again

PCSoft keep on being their own worst enemy.

You would think that by V12 they would have at least the install program fully in English.

At the point where you have to set up the control centres it pops up a message in French.

Le repertoire selectionne content une base du gestionnaire de sources (gds)
Les donnes des centres do controles ne sont compatibles avic celles du gds
Vous devez selectionner un autre repertoire pour partager les donnes des centres do controle

Any clues anyone

Regards
Al

Louis Verbraak
May 24, 2008 07:37PM
Hello to you all,

I installed WD12 on my PC where I had installed the french version some time ago. I thought I could use these two version beside eachother. I installed the frenche version in directory 'C:\WinDev 12 FR' and the english version in 'C:\WinDev 12'. In the french version I had set the project directory to 'D:\WinDev 12 FR - Projects' and I want to set the projectdirectory in the english version to 'D:\WinDev 12 - Projects'. Every time I change one of them the default map in the other version becomes 'C:\Mes projets' respectively 'C:\My projects'. Can anybody tell me how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
GuenterP
May 24, 2008 08:00PM
Louis Verbraak
Hello to you all,

I installed WD12 on my PC where I had installed the french version some time ago. I thought I could use these two version beside eachother. I installed the frenche version in directory 'C:\WinDev 12 FR' and the english version in 'C:\WinDev 12'. In the french version I had set the project directory to 'D:\WinDev 12 FR - Projects' and I want to set the projectdirectory in the english version to 'D:\WinDev 12 - Projects'. Every time I change one of them the default map in the other version becomes 'C:\Mes projets' respectively 'C:\My projects'. Can anybody tell me how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Louis.

Hi Louis, this applied to the previous versions of WD too. I gave up. These names are hard-coded someway and somewhere and will re-surface every now and then. On my PCs, those directories are named Mes Projets & My Projects respectively, end of struggle. One shouldn't fight what's impossible to fight. Old Chinese proverb ;-) Kind regards, Guenter
GuenterP
May 24, 2008 08:35PM
Le repertoire selectionne content une base du gestionnaire de sources (gds)

The selected directory contains a database of source code (source code manager)

Les donnes des centres do controles ne sont compatibles avic celles du gds

The data files of the control centers aren't compatible with those of the gds

Vous devez selectionner un autre repertoire pour partager les donnes des centres do controle

You selected another directory for storage of the data files of the control centers

Kind regards,
Guenter
Hyrum Tatton
May 24, 2008 10:16PM
Does anyone know how those of us who purchased after 9/15/07 get our free upgrade?
Carlo Hermus
May 24, 2008 10:48PM
Hyrum Tatton
Does anyone know how those of us who purchased after 9/15/07 get our free upgrade?

Hyrum,

Did you send your registration card? If no, you can fill it in and send it by mail to PCSoft, they will accept it. Then you will get the upgrade. This was my problem last year with the upgrade to WD11.

Cheers,
Carlo
GuenterP
May 24, 2008 10:57PM
Yes Carlo, the registration card is the only means how PC Soft is able to connect customer address + serial number of product. Kind regards, Guenter
walrus
May 25, 2008 02:00AM
How do I rid my english version of all French. (No offense)
My customers are not happy. They do not speak or read French.
GuenterP
May 25, 2008 09:17AM
walrus
How do I rid my english version of all French. (No offense)
My customers are not happy. They do not speak or read French.

Hi walrus, WinDev programs usually do not present any language problems - all is in English. And if not, as it may be in RARE cases, it's up to you to change that. Current WD12/US is a <b>pre-version</b> for all of you who couldn't wait to see what's all about in WD12. So, for the time being, it may be that you can detect some French in the IDE or Help system - your customers will not get at that anyway. If there are any French error messages you have two options. Handle errors on your own and spit out your own error message in your language, whatever that is, or to buy WDINT which is a tool to change most of the messages hidden in the WD-runtime DLLs. Kind regards, Guenter
DarrenF
May 27, 2008 03:01AM
Hyrum,

Did you get any answer to this?

I'm trying to find out the detail of how this will happen.

PC Soft said that I will get the full pack, manuals and all, but I'll have to pay the postage. They seem to be ignoring my emails when I ask what I need to do and no-one on the forum seems to know the detail of what I (we) need to do...

I too have registered (Via fax) and I have PC Soft's confirmation that the registration went through.

I'm pretty sure that my upgrade pack won't "just happen", as I know I'll have to pay the P&P (shipping) & PC Soft don't have any means of taking payment for the P&P.

Does anyone know the "detail" of how we get the V12 upgrade pack etc...????

Cheers...

KenKnight
May 27, 2008 03:35AM
Hi Darren,

In all the cases I've dealt with, when I paid for a version, part of that payment was the cost of shipping. Unless they have changed something, when I purchased, it was within the range of getting the next version shipped automatically. I don't remember having to pay an additional shipping charge.

So a couple of options. If you were not charged for any shipping you could always download the pdf and fill it out for "shipping only" and fax this in.

Secondly, you could send info@windev.com an email ask them to charge your credit card on file (if they keep them on file) for the shipping (again, only if you haven't already paid for it).

Cheers!
Ken
M. Beaven
May 27, 2008 03:47AM
Hi Darren,

I am assuming you are referring to the free upgrade when purchasing WD11. If that is the case, you should not have to pay any further shipping charges, as was the case with the latest couple of free upgrade cycles. You should be able to download the upgrade and will also receive a shipped copy of WD12 as the release goes out. Nothing further should be required on your end so long as you turned in the registration card. An email will likely be sent this week containing the dongle upgrade code.

If you have specific questions I'm sure the distributor from you purchased would be glad to check for you.

Kind Regards,

-Marc Beaven

PCSoft US Distributor
[www.windev-us.net]
Hyrum Tatton
May 27, 2008 05:46AM
Yes, I registered my Version 11 but have heard nothing from PC-Soft. I hope they contact me (us) soon.
GuenterP
How to identify and interpret your dongle#
May 27, 2008 08:45AM
Hyrum Tatton

Hi All, If you bought your copy in a time where PC Soft confirms to send out free upgrades to the version boght then your dongle should be a WD12-dongle already! You can check for the presence of a WD12-dongle just by starting WinDev and looking into ? - About WinDev. The WinDev 12 dongle number should start with W12A.. WinDev mobile 12 numbers start with K12A... WebDev numbers start with T12A... The A stands for 'American', means English. If there is an 'I' there, it means 'International, an 'F' means French. Before sending any mails around, please have a look at your current dongle number!! Kind regards, Guenter
Gianni Spano
May 27, 2008 09:17AM
@Guenter

Our company bought WINDEV & WEBDEV 11 on last November 2007 from our italian distributor.

In your opinion, do we'll receive the new upgrade to v12?
Or do we need to purchase the upgrade?

Thanks
Gianni

GuenterP
May 27, 2008 09:58AM
Gianni Spano
@Guenter

Our company bought WINDEV & WEBDEV 11 on last November 2007 from our italian distributor.

In your opinion, do we'll receive the new upgrade to v12?
Or do we need to purchase the upgrade?

Thanks
Gianni

Hi, the answer is easy to obtain! Look at your dongle numbers! If they are W12A.. and T12A.. you will not need to buy anything. If they are W11A.. and T11A.. you will have to buy an upgrade to version 12. Kind regards, Guenter
DarrenF
May 27, 2008 11:56AM
Ken / Marc / Guenter,

Thanks for the info...

Claudia at PC Soft support definately said that shipping would be chargeable on the V12 upgrade pack. I still have the emails stating this and also confirming my registration card had been accepted :-)

I've sent a couple of emails to info@windev.com, but they are ignored :-( However, I'm sure they are pretty busy at the moment ;-)

I'm not at my WD PC at the moment to be able to check my USB dongle, but I seem to remember W12 being part of the USB key - I'll have to check it.

I purchased my WD11 from from one of the UK suppliers; Software Paradise and I contacted them last week to dicuss this, but Chris (the account manager for WD) is leaving the company - just my luck! They said they would get back to me... where have I heard that before? :-(

I'll look at the order form/shipping only option as well.

Here's hoping for the best...

Cheers...

DarrenF
May 27, 2008 01:20PM
All "free upgradees",

Claudia has kindly been in touch via email to confirm the details.

Just to let everyone know who is in a similar situation to me (ie; free upgrade to WD12 - purchased WD11 after 15th September)...

As Guenter stated, my dongle (should be) and IS already WD12 enabled :-) So, I can start using the downloadable version right now! :spos:

The free WD12 upgrade pack including tutorial will be sent out next week at no additional charge :-)

Hope this helps...

Bob
May 27, 2008 04:40PM

I've sent a couple of emails to info@windev.com, but they are ignored :-( However, I'm sure they are pretty busy at the moment ;-)

Hello

Pcsoft always answer emails. If you don't get an anwser, double check the address you send the mails. Or pick up your phone and call them !

Bob
David Martin
Re: How to identify and interpret your dongle#
May 27, 2008 04:56PM
GuenterP
... WinDev 12 dongle number should start with W12A.. WinDev mobile 12 numbers start with K12A... WebDev numbers start with T12A...

I purchased WebDev & WinDev Mobile last November. Both have 11 in the about box, and on the actual dongle, not 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 04:59PM by David Martin.
Gianni Spano
May 27, 2008 05:02PM
Hello

I confirm the same issue as David Martin says.

Today i have sent an email to PcSoft, asking about our purchase for Windev & Webdev on last November 2007.

They confirmed i will receive a free upgrade to v12, despite our dongle serial start with W11...
or T11....
They just need to receive our registration cards...That's all..

HTH
Gianni
Hyrum Tatton
May 28, 2008 06:48AM
We just received E-Mail instructions for upgrade, as well as a statement that we will receive full package after June 2.

Our dongles are A11..., T11... we purchased in Oct 2007.

Thanks PC-Soft

Hyrum
DarrenF
May 28, 2008 01:16PM
Hi all,

Downloaded WD12 last night and installed.

My dongle works fine (as promised). Don't know yet if the functionality works as I didn't have time to test. I do know that existing applications are auot-converted when you attempt to open them... so allow a bit of time for the conversion to take place winking smiley

All the best...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.