Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD XII FTP with IE7

Posted by Paulo Oliveira 
Paulo Oliveira
WD XII FTP with IE7
May 23, 2008 12:33PM
In WD XI the ftp commands in pcs with IE7 doesn't work, in WD XII the problem is solved?
GuenterP
Re: WD XII FTP with IE7
May 23, 2008 01:10PM
Paulo Oliveira
In WD XI the ftp commands in pcs with IE7 doesn't work, in WD XII the problem is solved?

Hi Paulo, why would you use IE7 & ftp ?? How? FTP works fine starting with WD8. What's the problem? Let us know! Guenter
Paulo Oliveira
May 23, 2008 01:42PM
the ftp* commands in windev use IE to work.
Just check FTPConnect in the help and you will find the reference to IE.
If you have IE7 in your pc and try to run one windev program that uses ftp* command you will get one error in one windows dll:
Détails techniques :

Module : MSVCRT.dll
Adresse de base : 77BE0000
Erreur système : Access violation (GPF)
EIP = 77C12A16

PCSOFT know the problem, answer from technical support:
Sadly the problem is in IE7 and there is no easy way to workaround the problem. Most of WinDev FTP commands would have to be rewritten from scratch.

I don’t have version XII yet and I need to know if this problem is solved in that version.

we have several project using ftp* commands because our projects have some batch processing in AS400 and this was the best way of doing that without any special program in the client pcs.
GuenterP
May 23, 2008 01:56PM
Hi Paulo, WD12 Help does not say that IE7 is a problem or causes a problem with FTPConnect(). Ín fact, the WD12-Help for FTPConnect is 100% identical to the corresponding part in WD11-Help. So, either you'd have to wait and test or you have to buy a 3rd party FTP add-on which does the job. Kind regards, Guenter
Paulo Oliveira
May 23, 2008 02:06PM
Thanks Guenter,
I'm using the ftp.exe -s:file thru exerun funtcion to use one file with commands but i can't control if there is some error.
When this isue is solved i will return to the ftp* commands, i hope that in version XII it is solved or i have to way for the version XIII.
Andres Sanchez
May 28, 2008 12:33AM
Paulo:

I am using FTP connection in IE7 (IE7 is included by default in windows vista), and I haven't had any problems with that. I check the help in FTPConnect, and it does say that you need IE. But as i said, I am using it without any trouble at all.

Andres Sanchez
Paulo Oliveira
May 28, 2008 11:09AM
thanks andres,
The priority of migration the applications to WD XII is now 1.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.