Advanced

[WD11] Errors found in your code...

Posted by DarrenF 
DarrenF
[WD11] Errors found in your code...
May 21, 2008 02:33AM
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help...

I'm re-generating a test application originally generated by RAD.

I keep getting a dialog popping up saying "Errors found in your code..."

Does anyone know how to locate the error(s), as it doesn't give any clue?

Thanks...

Jeff Graham
Re: [WD11] Errors found in your code...
May 21, 2008 02:52AM
If you make sure the Code pane is showing (Toolbars -> Code) and then click on Compilation errors, it show a list of all errors. Then double click the error. That should take you to the error.

I hope this gets you to your error.

Jeff
DarrenF
May 21, 2008 10:55AM
Thanks Jeff,

Thanks for your reply...

Is this actually a compilation error? The message pops up before the Generation wizard starts... Looks like it does some kind of pre-compilation check on the code.

Thanks...

Ben
May 21, 2008 07:42PM
Hi,

I had a similar issue a while back. I turned out some of my DB tables were internal reserved words.

They were:-
1. System
2. Services (I think)

and some others i cant remember.

After removing them from the initial RAD generation, it worked fine.

Regards
Ben
DarrenF
May 21, 2008 11:44PM
Thanks for the pointer Ben, I'll check this out. I did add a new column/field a while back called "BARCODE" - Mmmmm... I wonder??!

DarrenF
May 22, 2008 12:01AM
Hi,

Turns out the error was caused when I changed the name of a report and missed changing the code behind a button.

However, it's been a good learning experience :-)

Thanks for your help guys - it's much appreciated :spos:

Chris Vawser
May 22, 2008 01:48AM
Hi Darren,

Glad to hear you found the error. Can you elaborate on how you tracked it down. Was it via Jeff Graham's suggestion on this thread?

Regards,

Chris
DarrenF
May 22, 2008 02:24AM
Hi,

Yes, it was from Jeff's suggestion.

I'm quite new to the WD environment and finding my way around the various panes is a "pain" winking smiley

I already had the code pane open, but hadn't noticed there was a small tab below the "Wizards, Examples and Components" tab called "Code". Within the "Code" tab, I clicked the "Compilation Errors" option - and there it was!

I then double clicked the tiny OK icon and it took me straight to the code behind the button I had missed :spos:

Cheers...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.