Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev11: MDI Menu

Posted by GuenterP 
GuenterP
WinDev11: MDI Menu
May 09, 2008 01:58PM
Hello,

I just want to have a list of all open MDI-Childs within the MDI parent after one of the menu items of main menu. WD-Help says that one has only to check the 'MDI Menu' check box of a menu item and WinDev will add the list of open windows there.

I have one MDI-Parent window where this works fine. Interestingly, the 'MDI Menu' checkbox is NOT checked there. But: I am not able to duplicate this behaviour in any new MDI parent window, I always have to copy this MENU window in order to get the functionality.

Has anyone of you a good recipe of how to get the functionality in each and every MDI parent?

DerekT
Re: WinDev11: MDI Menu
May 09, 2008 09:58PM
Guenter

I have many MDI parent windows where this functionality works fine.

I do as the Help suggests......
Create a menu option named 'Window' and in the description of the option on the GUI tab I check the MDI Menu option.
When a window is opened the Alias name of the window is displayed with a check mark against the 'topactive' window.

Not much help in your case but in my experience it does work.

Regards

DerekT
GuenterP
Re: WinDev11: MDI Menu SOLVED
May 10, 2008 07:19AM
DerekT
Guenter

I have many MDI parent windows where this functionality works fine.

I do as the Help suggests......
Create a menu option named 'Window' and in the description of the option on the GUI tab I check the MDI Menu option.
When a window is opened the Alias name of the window is displayed with a check mark against the 'topactive' window.

Not much help in your case but in my experience it does work.

Regards

DerekT

Thank you Derek! This made me look more than 5 seconds .. the secret is to check the checkbox 'MDI Menu' of the topmost menu option! It's that easy .. thanks, Guenter

Jimbo
Spam - Test
December 30, 2008 05:38PM
Test for the bad boys ..
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.