Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old Forum Zip files

Posted by Al 
Al
Old Forum Zip files
May 07, 2008 08:58PM
Hello All

I downloaded the zip files from the old forum before it shut down but I am unable to set it up to search correctly. I have the zzb.exe file which loads a forum page with some messages and the search function works to shows a list of messages but then it tries to search the parsimony site for the message rather than my hard disk.

How can I configure it to search in my message directory ?
The language on the buttons on the backup browser software is German.
Can I have some translations and what they do please.

Bearbeiten > Drucken > Beenden

There is a combo box with a forum number in it - not sure what this does.
There is a button with Index-Seite then a left and right arrow buttons.
There are a number of sietexxx.dat files so I presume these are an index of some sort.

There are places to enter data with
Beitrag-Nr xxxxxx then a button labelled Laden (?..?)
Archive-Nr xxxxxx then a button labelled Laden (0..0)

Regards
Al
Milton
Re: Old Forum Zip files
May 08, 2008 07:53AM
Hi Al,

I unzipped the files into their own directory and simply used Windows explorer search capability to search for a word or phrase in the files. This worked fine for me.

I haven't tried it but possibly you could set Internet Explorer to work "offline" so that it doesn't try and access the internet.

HTH

Milton
Al
May 08, 2008 12:37PM
Hello Milton

Good solution, thank you

Regards
Al
Alvaro Boldo
May 10, 2008 07:48PM
Hi

Another place to look for is in the following page

[forum.pcsoft.fr]

I don't know if it is complete, but it is online.

Alvaro

Al
May 11, 2008 01:48AM
Hello Alvaro

Thanks for the suggestion, there were a few items in that forum that I was looking for.
I had forgotten that they were picking up the posts from the Parsimony forum.

Regards
Al
Mitchell
May 15, 2008 02:24PM
hello AL, i could not see where this zip file for old forums, can u share it to me so that i can download it also please?

thanks a lot
mikz
ksa,riyadh
Al
May 16, 2008 02:27PM
Hello mikz

The zip files I have are ones that I downloaded before the forum was closed. I don't have the complete message set as I collected them about 4 months before the forum closed so they stop at message #34017 on 30/12/2007. Maybe someone else has a full set.

There is about 55mb. and they are in 15mb zip files so I could email them to you if you can cope with an email of that size or maybe If someone on the forum has an ftp server I could load them to ?

Regards
Al
GuenterP
Re: Old Forum Zip files - DOWNLOAD FROM HERE
May 16, 2008 05:43PM
Hi all,

the old forum zip files can be downloaded from here now:

<a href="[www.windev.at];
<a href="[www.windev.at] (zbb.exe) - viewer</a>

I'm still trying to get the old forum up & running in read-only mode, please be patient ..

Kind regards,
Guenter

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2008 06:08PM by GuenterP.

Where can i find the messages for the old windev forum...i can't see the old messages under OLD WINDEV FORUM ?

Regards,

Jon Lau
Hi Jon,

In the event that you fail to locate this I have the old forum downloaded as three archive files to a total of around 40 MBytes of data. If you need some information I could burn it to CD and mail it to you.

Milton
Hi milton,

Thanks!

Maybe you can give me your email account, i can give you a ftp account to upload it.

My email is jonlau88@singnet.com.sg

Regards,

Jon Lau

Jon,

I have emailed you my details.

Milton
Hello Jon

Guenter's email "Download from here" has the links in it.

Just click on the items he listed as
x.zip
x0xxxx.zip etc
and they will download

Regards
Al
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.