Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

English version of LST

Posted by Shahine 
Shahine
English version of LST
September 10, 2009 10:17AM
Hi All,

Some time back I saw a post about lobbying PC-Soft to provide an English version of LST. What happened to that?

I do believe that we (all non-French speaking) users of WinDev/WebDev are missing out on very valuable tips and technical information. Surely it is in PC-Softs interest to prompt the use of their products outside France as much as possible. What better way than an English version of LST (at a reasonable price).

We the developers can be more effective at promoting WinDev/WebDev than any amount of advertising PC-Soft does.

If you share my opinion please lobby PC-Soft to provide an English version of LST.
I am getting really tired of Google Translate..

Come-on PC-Soft give us the knowledge to show others how good your products are..

Shahine

Hans60
Re: English version of LST
September 10, 2009 02:49PM
Hello Shahine, where do you get that magazine anyway. I could not even find any info on their website....
I guess without that magazine and a rather slow forum it will take ages to master programing with windev.

Btw looks like more user use this form than the PC software forum. At least I very seldom visit the PC Soft forum as it is just not up to the standard of a modern form. (Not user friendly)
This forum here at least does not bother with too much gimmick, but should also get a brush up. I actually cant understand this since so many good forums are free of charge and they even have a search function which works.

Sometimes I get the impression the windev community is trying hard to prevent the growth of Windev. At least I feel very lonely as a beginner....
Well, perhaps they make more money with training than with the software itself, in that case I could understand the way it is handled.

Hans

PS: is there any user selling used magazines?
Shahine
September 10, 2009 08:10PM
Hello Hans60

You can get the LST magazines directly from the PC-Soft or from their French Web-Site.
I agree with most of what you say. PC-Soft marketing (outside France) stinks.

However don't be put off by that. WinDev and WebDev (I haven't used the mobile yet) are great products. WLanguage is fantastic too. I say this as a Delphi programmer of many years. I still love Delphi but wLanguage of WinDev and WebDev comes very close.

About the LST magazines; If you can read French, then they are very good. I bought 3 copies months ago. Even though I had to do a Google translate on most of the articles, I did think it was worth it. There are accompanied by a CD.

You may also want to have a look at [www.fabriceharari.com]
He knows his stuff.

Good Luck.

Shahine
January 25, 2023 05:20AM
Can the English version of LST now be released because English is a global language so that anyone can easily access it from anywhere in the world?
January 25, 2023 08:31AM
Hi,

please, ask PC Soft! We cannot know ..

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.