Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Customize the table Popup Menu

Posted by Joel 
Joel
Customize the table Popup Menu
July 18, 2009 04:04PM
Hi -

For WebDev 12, is there a way to add items to the table popup menu? I seem to remember seeing something like that, but I can't seem to find it in the help now...

I want to give my users more tasks to do based on the selected rows in a table, and I thought the popup menu might be a good place to list those actions.
Jimbo
Re: Customize the table Popup Menu
July 18, 2009 05:08PM

Hi, in the Help index, input popupmenu and enter. You see? Guenter
Joel
July 18, 2009 05:39PM
Thanks Guenter, but the help says to go to the GUI tab and there isn't one in WebDev12 - there is only a selection for displaying the menu or not - and the other help options don't really address how to program the menu. Am I missing something?
Jimbo
July 18, 2009 06:00PM
Hi Joel, I don't know whether that works in WebDev at all, but in WinDev, all tables have a 'System Menu' which in fact is a prebuilt Popup Menu. You can either replace that menu or add some options to it:

MySelf..PopupMenu = "+Popup1"
or
Table..Popmenu = "+Popup1"

In this example, you have to create the popup menu Popup1 at first and then you can add it to the system menu using the shown command line. You cannot change the system menu's appearance therefore you'd have to take care of your Popup1 menu's appearance to make it fit.

Replacing the system menu by your own one is done by

MySelf..PopupMenu = "Popup1"

Regards,
Guenter
Joel
July 18, 2009 06:20PM
Got it! I'll see if that works in WebDev -
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.