Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need to incorporate Slider control in WebDev 14 App

Posted by John Rushing.pcs.crosspost 
John Rushing.pcs.crosspost
Need to incorporate Slider control in WebDev 14 App
July 15, 2009 09:18AM
All:

I am new to WebDev 14 and am writing an online survey application that needs a Slider control that can be dynamically loaded and "read" from within a WebDev Page.

The page would basically have 4 controls. 2 would be static text controls that would have the Survey Question number and title, the second would be the survey question itself. The Third control would be the slider (javascript, flash, whatever), and the final control would be a "continue" button.

The survey has about 12 questions which are dynamically loaded as the user cycles through the survey using the continue button. Since the range of answers to each question varies (some are a scale of 1-10 with text assignments to each value, others are 1-5 with text assignments to each value and others are ranges like -20 to 180). I need to be able to dynamically load the minimum value, maximum value and step of the slider each time a new question is loaded (e.g when the user hits the continue button). I also need to be able to get a response back from the slider control as and when it changes that specifies its current value.

Basically, I'd like it to work just like the WinDev 14 slider....

Any ideas? Anyone have anything like this?

Many thanks,

John Rushing

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari
Re: Need to incorporate Slider control in WebDev 14 App
July 15, 2009 12:49PM
Hi John...

I think that you could achieve what you want with a looper control, either loaded programmatically or via a query for each question

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.