Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Data conversion problems with Microsoft Access 2002 to HypefileSQL Classic

Posted by Parrot 
I am attempting to convert MS Access 2002 files into HyperFileSQL Classic with WinDev 14. I have been successful in migrating the file definitions for the files, but the data will not convert. I am attempting the use WDConver now with the connection setup in the same way that I have successfully used to import data into Microsoft Excel/Word, etc. The connection string that I am using is:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;
Password=password;
User ID=userid;
Data Source=C:\Program Files\asystV10\Data\AccountsPayableV10Data.MDB;
Mode=Share Deny None;
Extended Properties="";
Jet OLEDBconfused smileyystem database=c:\Development\asystV10\SYSTEMUSTI.MDW;
Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";
Jet OLEDBgrinning smileyatabase Password="";
Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5
;Jet OLEDBgrinning smileyatabase Locking Mode=1;
Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;
Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;
Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";
Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;
Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;
Jet OLEDBgrinning smileyon't Copy Locale on Compact=False;
Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;
Jet OLEDBconfused smileyFP=False

Using this set of parameters, WDConver provides the list of potential Access 2002 files to convert and allows me to select them. But, when the files are then converted, I recieve the following error:

OLE DB access error.
Error Number = 170124

Failure opening connection:
Data Source: <c:\Program Files\asystV10\Data\AccountsPayableV10Data.mdb>
OLEDB Provider: <Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0>

System Error Details:
Description = Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
Help Context = 5003028
SQL State = 3028
Error Number = -2147217843
Native Error Number = -124520301

Description = Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.
Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
Help Context = 5003028
SQL State = 3028
Error Number = -2147217843
Native Error Number = -124520301

The workgroup file (c:\Developement\asystV10\SYSTEMUSTI.MDW above) is not being accessed by anyone else - I am the only person using these test files and I do not have MS Access running when the conversion is running.

Any thoughts on how I can connect correctly and get the conversion running would be greatly appreciated.

Spencer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 06:59PM by Parrot.
Hello,

Whenever I have data to convert whether it be Access or not, I usually use MS Access as the conversion tool. MS Access is a great data conversion tool. I've used it for literally hundreds of thousands of rows and hundreds of tables with Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL. Simply connect MS Access to your Hyperfile classic using ODBC and create the appropriate queries in Access and let it do it's magic.

HTH
Glenn
Thanks Glenn,
I am hopeful that I can convert all my Access files with WinDev's conversion process, but your comments regarding MS Access as the driver might be our answer at the end of the day. I'd still like to figure out the connection issue since I might have this as a need in the future so any other problems that you might see would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.