Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Totals on Table Breaks

Posted by Paul Turner 
Paul Turner
Totals on Table Breaks
July 04, 2009 12:44PM
Hi

I'm wanting to some totals and other calculations on table breaks. So far I haven't found a way to detect which rows are included between break headers and footers.

Has anyone managed to do this? If so, I'd love to know your methodology!

Rgds
Paul Turner
SuperDude
Re: Totals on Table Breaks
July 04, 2009 10:57PM
Hi Paul! back in the land of thunder ?
(greetings to John ,Kev, Lance and ++Tony)

The hook you can use (not always, though) ... In case that you use a WD14 table,looper,treelist control/ an individual break can be created by having a _group by_ query which will give you full control over the breaks.

in case that you want to use it on a report /internal report/ you run out of luck. all you can do then is to parametrize the query which is used then f.i. on several internal reports.

bjoern
Paul Turner
Re: Totals on Table Breaks
July 05, 2009 06:54AM
Hi Bjoern,

Yes back, down in Melbourne for the time being. Heading back to Queensland some time later in the year.

I'm surprised the PCSoft didn't make the new break feature in the WD14 tables more aggregate friendly. I've tried all the various embed points, but the break seems to happen after the 1st row of the next break section has been read.

Thanks for your help though...

Rgds
Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.