Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pocket GPS Component

Posted by Alan.pcs.crosspost 
Alan.pcs.crosspost
Pocket GPS Component
June 29, 2009 05:54PM
Hi,

Anyone else getting randomly timed 'Error at Line 19 of Global Procedure AnalyzeRMC process - TimeToString function called.A time must be a numeric string.
?
I'm fairly new-ish to WinDev, so I'll ask, is it possible for me to edit the failing part of the code to just put an error handler in the bit thats going wrong?

Thanks
Alan

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Al
Re: Pocket GPS Component
June 29, 2009 10:05PM
Hello Alan

The Windev debugger is an excellent tool and well worth spending some time learning for a new developer, as it will save you lots of time

There are a couple of ways to insert a debug stop

In the code editor, at the code line, either ctrl B or click in the left hand column of the editor and a small red dot should appear indicating a pause in execution

You can hard code a "Stop" command before the line. This can be inside an if /end test. The stop command is ignored in a compiled executable.

Once code has paused you can also test for a change of value in the debugger whilst the code is executing by clicking on the green dot that appears next to the variable value or insert a value to test by clicking on the green plus symbol in the debugger

MyTimeVar = 123 If this is true then a green dot will appear next to it. If you click on the dot it will go red and if during code execution the value changes, the execution will stop

Regards
Al
Alan.pcs.crosspost
Re: Pocket GPS
July 08, 2009 09:41AM
Hi,

Nope, I'm afraid not. The closest I got was by running Co-Pilot that is already on the XDA and that seemed to kick-start the WinDev Mobile app into bringing back some data. Strangely, from that point onwards I can now use the Mobile app but it seems to be very haphazard about when it refreshes, despite being outside and, when using Co-Pilot, showing that the satellite signal is quite strong. It can update itself for about 5 minutes and then just stop and start over different periods of time.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Al
July 08, 2009 01:47PM
Hello Alan

I thought from your request that you had access to the code of the application in which case you could run it and trap the error in developer mode. The error message is indicating that the variable passed to the function is not numeric and it should be. You would need to change the code to fix the problem.

Regards
Al
Fabrice Harari
July 08, 2009 03:01PM
Hi all

from the title of the post, it seems that you are using a component. You should know that AFAIK all components are coming with their source code available as a windev (or wb or wm) project... You should be able to find it in a sub directory of your windev mobile, and then use the debugger to test what's not working correctly

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.