Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creating Windows NT Service from Windev IDE

Posted by Mitchell 
Mitchell
Creating Windows NT Service from Windev IDE
June 23, 2009 10:22PM
How to make my Windev Application to run it as an Windows NT Service? any Ideas?

Regards
Piet van Zanten
Re: Creating Windows NT Service from Windev IDE
June 23, 2009 10:43PM
Hi Mitchell,

Look in the Help, keyword service.
Hmm, why didn't I think of that... ;-)

Regards,
Piet
Mitchell
June 24, 2009 08:13AM
Thanks Piet, but I still didn't get it, My target is to make my GUI application created from Windev to run as a service, if the service is started , then I want to show the Login Screen of the GUI application so that a users can login and view the reports or any forms..

how to achieve it?
Novica Njagojevic
June 24, 2009 08:41AM
Hi,there is an example for creating windev apps as service.
But,service has no GUI component,maybe is someting else your solution.
Jimbo
June 24, 2009 08:45AM
Mitchell
Thanks Piet, but I still didn't get it, My target is to make my GUI application created from Windev to run as a service, if the service is started , then I want to show the Login Screen of the GUI application so that a users can login and view the reports or any forms..
how to achieve it?

??? This is generally not what a service should be. An 'NT-Service' has no rights management, is available to all users of a computer. NT-Services do background work like permanent communication with a server and so on.

Maybe jou just want to have the application in the quick-start-area of the task-bar??

Regds, Guenter
Mitchell
June 24, 2009 08:57AM
I'm looking for this kind of solution, but if it is not possible I have to go for startup windows solution ...which is my needs are the following :
1. how to create or install a registry key so that it will run always everytime the computer start or switch on.

I want to put it on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

that will act the same as antivirus, it is running automatically when the computer starts.

how to achieve this pls.?
Novica Njagojevic
June 24, 2009 09:46AM
Look in the help: registry, create.
Make your app,and then put the app in the windows startup directory.
In the app just test the presence of the registry key.
Just to be clear. The Windev NT Service is an .net application what execute's your windev application. The only problem is that if you use it on Windows vista or Windows server 2008 it doesn't work flawless.

Thijs
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.