Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windev 14 Print Preview

Posted by Paul Turner 
Paul Turner
Windev 14 Print Preview
June 18, 2009 01:45PM
I'm finding that within a print preview, if I try and type on the preview using the text tool on the toolbar the app crashes immediately. Anyone else had this problem and possibly found a workaround?

Rgds
Paul.
Frans
Re: Windev 14 Print Preview
June 18, 2009 10:46PM
Hello Paul,

I tried it with one of the examples.
No problem. Works fine.
Paul Turner
June 19, 2009 05:04AM
Any chance you have tried it on one of your own reports?
M. Beaven
June 19, 2009 05:28AM
Hi Paul,

Does the same for me for my own programs, no workaround as of yet.
Jimbo
June 19, 2009 07:47AM
No problem whatsoever ... Guenter
Paul Turner
June 20, 2009 02:47AM
Looks like we have a situation where something some of us have in our reports causes this crash. Perhaps it could be the way the reports are called, or the open type of the calling window (openchild, opensister etc)?

Obviously needs more investigation.
M. Beaven
June 25, 2009 09:37PM
Hello All,

Bringing this one back up in hopes of zeroing in on the cause.

Claudia has requested a test project to demonstrate the behavior. I am able to reproduce this for any report, any project, including the examples in Windev 14. I am running Vista with SP2. When in the IDE, if I try to use the annotation option for Text, Windev 14 crashes with this message:

This error occurs directly after attempting to insert the text block.

The result for a compiled program that has been installed is that the application hangs.

The screenshot above resulted from running this test in the WD Managing Contacts example from Windev 14.

I have reproduced this when executing the program on my Vista development machine as well as an installation on Windows 2000 Server.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Perhaps we can find a trend so the issue can be examined by Tech Support?

Regards,

-Marc
Fabrice Harari
June 26, 2009 01:26PM
Hi Marc...

just tried it with the latest wd14 US (including the patch made available a few days ago) and no problem here... I was able to add text, in bold, highlited, size 26, draw arrows and directly draw on the preview in the example you used...

I have seen that the text includes the orthographic correction system, which could mean that your problem is coming from a bad interaction with Open Office or Word (I have both installed on my computer)

Hope this helps
M. Beaven
June 26, 2009 06:40PM
Hello all,

I had some discussions with Fabrice this morning, and he recalled seeing this issue on the French forums, along with a workaround/solution.

Here was the text from the post:

"in the project code, there was an OPEN of the first window (instead of using the definition of a first window in the project) by removing the open, the problem stopped you should try to see if you are in that case even if yo need to open different windows, you can always have a first invisible window and open them from there let me know if that solves your problem too"

This was the case for my project, as I had various conditions in the project initialization to determine which primary window to open. After commenting out the code, this problem did not recur.

Hopefully this may help others with the issue.

Thanks to Fabrice for the research/translation.

Regards,

-Marc

Paul Turner
June 28, 2009 01:48PM
My situation involves an OPEN for the first window too. If this is the cause, then hopefully PCSoft can fix it. In the meantime this workaround is helpful. Thanks.
Paul Turner
June 28, 2009 02:07PM
I have just found another related way to crash the report previewer - click on the text button, then just click on the report without dragging to create a text box.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.