Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vista Windev9 and write to disk

Posted by Parianos Henri 
Parianos Henri
Vista Windev9 and write to disk
June 16, 2009 11:56PM
Hi,

We have a customer with an XP as a server and vista workstations.
On the xp everything works fine but within the vista from time to time write operations
do not happend. (like the buffer is not flushed to disk)
Is an body who had the same experiance ?
Regs
Henri :confused: :confused: :confused:
Al
Re: Vista Windev9 and write to disk
June 17, 2009 02:37AM
Hello Henri

We have had a couple of similar issues, not with Vista as yet.
In your app you could try the HFlush command and also have a look at the HSecurity level, I always run at level 2. On all of our sites we make sure that oplocking is turned off so you could try and turn off the oplocking on the XP Server.

[support.microsoft.com]

Regards
Al
Parianos Henri
June 17, 2009 09:09AM
Hi,

Thanks I'll try the hflush (command) and I let you know if it works!!
Btw do you had also some experiances that within a vista enviroment that you could not use
the temp environment variable to store some picture (tempory) or create tempory files etc ??

Regds
Henri
Al
June 17, 2009 10:51AM
Hello Henri
Parianos Henri
Hi,

Btw do you had also some experiances that within a vista enviroment that you could not use
the temp environment variable to store some picture (tempory) or create tempory files etc ??

Regds
Henri

Sorry Henri, I stay as far away fromVista as possible.

I had a look on the internet and found these links that may help

[vistaonwindows.com]

[www.vistax64.com]

Regards
Al
Parianos Henri
June 18, 2009 02:06AM
Hi,

Thanks to all.

Vista or Windows xxx it is a choice of the customer and actualy even this is not truth because it is actualy even diffult to find from to to time drivers to downgrade to XP.
So we are stuck with Vista and I do also try to stay as far as possible from Vista but ....

Any way with the 'hflush' instruction it seems that it works now.

Now we talking about vista does an body experiance also some strange behavior concerning the refreshing of the windows !!

You have to hove the mouse from tme to time to sea everythin refreshed also very strange !!!

Regds
Henri
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.