Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nessie in HFSQL of WD12/14 ?

Posted by Jimbo 
Jimbo
Nessie in HFSQL of WD12/14 ?
June 11, 2009 06:26PM
Hi, there's an annoying thing, not really important, but somehow crazy:

Maybe a year ago, I generated a new database for test purposes, named it 'ABCDEFG', used it and deleted it. There were lots of other databases generated for testing of the same program / analysis and they were deleted after that.

Crazy thing is: I can delete the database ABCDEFG manually, no problem, it disappears. But next time, when trying to restructure files within another database, ho and below, ABCDEFG is presented by the graphical interface of WDMODFIC. Not only that, an empty database with that name is generated automatically! I do not use REP-file management, all REP-files are empty as they should and do not mention ABCDEFG anywhere. But ABCDEFG seems to insist on staying with me.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Guenter
Louis Verbraak
Re: Nessie in HFSQL of WD12/14 ?
June 11, 2009 06:29PM
Hello Guenter,

Did you search the registry for 'ABCDEFG'?
Jimbo
June 11, 2009 06:42PM
Louis Verbraak
Hello Guenter,

Did you search the registry for 'ABCDEFG'?

Kind regards,

Louis.

Hi Louis, YES, there were three instances of ABCDEFG, two of them in a string ovbviously made for WDMODFIC. Deleted all instances. I believe & hope, Nessie is dead now! Thank you for the hint!!
Kind regards,
Guenter
Jimbo
June 11, 2009 07:21PM
Hi Louis,

Nessie is alive!!

No instance of ABCDEFG is to be found in the registry, I restarted the computer after deleting all instances of ABCDEFG from the registry. Deleted ABCDEFG on last restruct in WDMODFIC. The database is deleted manually in HFCC. When the warning '.. deletion is irreversible!' comes up, I'm already getting an attack of mad laughter .. however, WDMODFIC shows ABCDEFG again. I'll ask Tech Support ...

Thank you for your time!
Kind regards,
Guenter

TheDuke
June 12, 2009 09:36AM
Hello Jimbo!

Do you check the REP file?
You can edit it with WDOptimizer and delete all the lines you do not need anymore!

WDModif uses the REP file to localize HF/CS files in directories

Kind Regards
Jimbo
June 12, 2009 11:20AM
TheDuke
Hello Jimbo!

Do you check the REP file?
You can edit it with WDOptimizer and delete all the lines you do not need anymore!

WDModif uses the REP file to localize HF/CS files in directories

Kind Regards

Hi Duke, I don't use REP file management and as I've written, no REP file contains any other line than the analysis GUID. In my case, WDMODFIC does not / cannot use REP files, does not use the registry, but offers the correct databases for restructuring. Wherefrom? God knows. With one exception: ABCDEFG is always on the list of databases, is always deleted from the list and, because it is automatically generated in HFSQL server, deleted from there too. However, next time, Nessie turns up again! Kind regards, Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.