Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev Server Code

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
Michael Drechsel
Webdev Server Code
June 07, 2009 11:15AM
Hi,

I have a problem with understanding the mechanism of server code in windev.

For example:

If I use a "fselect()" in server code, which files the user see, the files at the server or at his client machine ???

I can´test this without building a real webserver because my webdev development machine is client+server at once.
Fabrice Harari
Re: Webdev Server Code
June 07, 2009 01:26PM
Hi Michael...

it's in fact very simple...

All BROWSER code is executed as JavaScript code on the browser side

All SERVER code is executed as if you were in a windev EXE (in fact, you are), on the server..

So the fselect is displaying the server directories and will not be usable in deployment...

If you want the user to select a file from his machine to upload it, then use a regular input field, and select the subtype upload

Best regards

Michael Drechsel
June 07, 2009 03:44PM
Hi Fabrice,

whats about Multiselection of files ?

And I need a Zip function at client site ... Is this possible anyway with webdev ?
Fabrice Harari
June 07, 2009 04:36PM
Hi Michael...

directly, no, as these options are just not supported by browsers.

But nothing prevents you to use WINDEV to create a java applet doing exactly that (multiselection, zip, and even transfer to the server of the zipped file) and then to USE this java applet in your webdev page

Best regards

Michael Drechsel
June 07, 2009 04:43PM
mmmh,

you just destroyed my wonderful web 2.0 world .... :-(

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.