Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

automatically sizing a static html control

Posted by Joel 
Joel
automatically sizing a static html control
June 05, 2009 07:05PM
Hi!

I pulling the content of a published Gdoc into a static control. It all works perfectly, but the control doesn't know how "long" the Gdoc is so it either - cuts it off per the default size of the control, or puts in scroll bars, which cut off some of the text where the vertical scroll bar is.

I'd like to somehow calculate the number of lines in the document (Hard b/c that depends on the width of the static control) and then dynamically set the height of the control to match.

I figure this is similar to pulling text into a control, so this must have come up before for someone. Any ideas on an easy way to accomplish this? There's probably some WebDev properties that would make this easy, but I can't find 'em!

Thanks!
Fabrice Harari
Re: automatically sizing a static html control
June 05, 2009 07:31PM
Hi Joel

I haven( tested in this particular case, but on any control, this kind of things is managed by putting the control properties of overflow as visible...

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.