Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installation Help

Posted by Gary.pcs.crosspost 
Gary.pcs.crosspost
Installation Help
June 03, 2009 03:10PM
I purchased all three products, WinDev, WebDev, and WinDev Mobile. Is it a good idea to install all three products on the same computer? I also have a question about the Dongles that come with it. Should they be plugged in at all times even if I am not using the development environment, or will it hurt them leaving them plugged in? In regards to my question above, if I install all three on the same PC, should all three Dongles be plugged in, or just the one I am using?

Thanks!

Gary

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Paulo Oliveira
Re: Installation Help
June 03, 2009 04:01PM
You can install all the 3 in the same pc without problems.
Regarding the dongles you only need to have the dongle of the product you are working with plugged but you can keep all plugged in all the time without problems. It's only a problem of loosing them or less then 3 usb porst in the pc, we keep them always connected.
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
June 03, 2009 04:19PM
Hi Gary

there is no rules for these questions, except that, as for all
mechanical devices, plugging and unplugging a usb dongle repeatedly will
shorten it's live span...

Yo can definitely install all products on the same computer (I have all
version of all product from 5.5 to 14 intalled on mine). I personnaly
leave all myu dungles plugged in at all times

best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Gary wrote:
> I purchased all three products, WinDev, WebDev, and WinDev Mobile. Is it a good idea to install all three products on the same computer? I also have a question about the Dongles that come with it. Should they be plugged in at all times even if I am not using the development environment, or will it hurt them leaving them plugged in? In regards to my question above, if I install all three on the same PC, should all three Dongles be plugged in, or just the one I am using?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary
>
Alexandre Leclerc.pcs.crosspost
June 03, 2009 05:19PM
Hi Gary,

1. Installing all 3 products is ok and I'm sure many are doing this (I
do it - even the older versions). Is it a good idea? Depends of your needs.

2. I leave the dongles plugged-in all the time. (Two years now.) If
there is a problem I know I can send it back to PC-Soft and they will
change it. But that will cause a delay.

3. I also keep all 3 dongles plugged in at the same time. So I can
access the soft I want anytime.

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Leclerc
Andres Sanchez
June 04, 2009 01:34AM
Gary

If you computer is a desktop I will keep all 3 dongles connected at all times.

But if you have a laptop that you move, everyday from your office to your home, I recommend you connect just the one you need, cause not only you will shorten the life of the dongle, but the USB-port too.

Andres Sanchez
Fabrice Harari
June 04, 2009 02:01PM
Hi everybody...

to solve the dungle unplugging problem, I simply use a small USB hub... All my dungles are plugged into it all the time (ZERO unplug) and it is plugged in my laptop...

When I move the laptop, the micro hub and it's dungles are stored in a small case without unplugging)

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.