Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you associate a combo box with a file.field?

Posted by Dan M 
I have a file called customer. In the file is a field called ACTIVE. Active is always either Yes or No. I would like the user to select this from a combo box.

How do I associate a combo box with the choices of Yes & No to this field, ACTIVE, so that every time I select this field from the Analysis pane and paste it to a Window Form I do not have convert it to a combo box and add the options?

And ... is this information available in the help system, if so how would I find it?

I did a search in the help system on "Analysis controls" and scanned through the SUMMARY but could not figure out where to find the information.
Hi dan,
it is the same as with any other field.

Hans
Al
Re: How do you associate a combo box with a file.field?
June 03, 2009 02:34PM
Hello Dan

You can setup some info in the analysis. Set the file field to be of type combo box.

Regards
Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 02:35PM by Al.
Al,

Once again THANK YOU ...

that surewas easy once I knew were to look.

I am still working on figuring out where things are and what to do where.

It seems I keep getting hung up on terminology and my past experience with Data Access, PHP, & MySQL and what things are called and how they work.

But I am getting there. With your help I feel I have made major strides already

I will get it and really do appreciate all your assistance!!!

Dan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.