Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reports & Queries.

Posted by Aad Gouka 
Aad Gouka
Reports & Queries.
May 28, 2009 11:57AM
Hi all,

One of our customers wants to use Reports & Queries. Can I simply integrate this or are there any issues one should know about.

I notice that the .wdl almost douibles in size, when I use R&Q. I think that's not so handy
for our other users. It seems I have to use 2 .wdl's then or accept a standard larger .wdl file.

Anyone knows more about this. Thanx for any advice.

Regards,

Aad Gouka

Piet van Zanten
Re: Reports & Queries.
May 28, 2009 03:45PM
Hi Aad,

There's also a complete installation of R&Q in Windev12\Install.
The user can install and start this as a separate program and choose a project (your program's exe). All modifiable reports can then be openened. As soon as a report has a different version stored on disk, then this one will be used by your program instead of the report in the library.

Regards,
Piet
Aad Gouka
May 28, 2009 04:28PM
Hi Piet,

Thank you for your reply. I do not follow exactly what you mean. Can the user run R&Q from within our application without installing the separate R&Q install ?? If so, how can that internal version be started then ?

Kind regards,

Aad

Piet van Zanten
May 28, 2009 05:42PM
Hi Aad,

I was only suggesting this as an alternative way of providing R&Q.
This way you don't have to add the functionality to your program. Endusers can decide themselves if they want to install and use R&Q.

Regards,
Piet
Aad Gouka
May 29, 2009 12:26PM
Thanks for your suggestion Piet.

The question about the size of the .wdl is still unanswered. I will send an email to PC Soft.

Groeten,

Aad

Arie
May 29, 2009 01:00PM
Hi Aad,
what wdl do you mean. Your own library? Then it is not getting bigger. From your code you just have to fire one command RunReportsAndQueries(). That's it.
Then R&Q is started as a separate tool on the clients machine. Indepenend of your own software. It doesn't block the execution of your software either.

If R&Q isn't installed yet, a popup ask the user if he/she want's to make a download from pcsoft.

You can also choose to include the R&Q-installer in your own setup. Then your setup will grow!

Arie
Aad Gouka
May 29, 2009 04:01PM
Hi Arie,

In the Project Description on the Chartertab, there's is a checkbox "Allow to run R&Q". When I check this one, my application .wdl grows almost twice as big after a libray creation.
When I don't check it and use RunReportsAndQueries(), I get a warning that my .wdl does not allow to use R&Q. When I click this warning away, it seems to operate normal. So what does the check "Allow to run R&Q" exactly does then ?

Groeten,

Aad

Aad Gouka
May 29, 2009 04:04PM
Arie,

The Help says that de Projectcode is visible tot the end user after checking "Allow to run R&Q".. So that's why the .wdl becomes bigger.

Grt/Aad

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.