Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

link in a looper

Posted by Joel 
Joel
link in a looper
May 27, 2009 06:56PM
HI -

If I have a link in a looper that references a control element in a looper, in the cod eof the link can I just do something like "PageDisplay(Page,looperControl)" or do I have to go through figuring out which line of the looper I'm on like in a table. Perhaps using looperseek? I can't seem to get this to work, I would have thought WebDev would have taken care of the work of realizing that if I click a link in a looper and reference a control, I would want the value of the control in that record...

Fabrice Harari
Re: link in a looper
May 27, 2009 07:51PM
Hi Joel...

Unfortunately, you are not giving us HALF the elements we need to help you there:
- Looper: ajax or not?
- code of the link: browser or server
- settings of the link: send value of controls to the server or not?

all these elements influence how your page/looper/controls are going to behave...

In principle, yes, LooperName returns the index of the currently selected (or clicked) line of a looper, but it depends of many different elements

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.