Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search with hourglass on date in table

Posted by Frans 
Frans
Search with hourglass on date in table
May 20, 2009 10:09AM
Hello to you all,

I remember that there was something with searching in a table when clicking on the hourglass but couldn't find it in this forum.

I have a table with a date-field. Format is: dd/mm/yyyy. When I click on the hourglas I can put in the first two digets but after that it doesnt react . Nothing seams to work. (- / space etc)
I work with W12.
I hope I overlooked something.

Regards and thanks in advance
Frans
Louis Verbraak
Re: Search with hourglass on date in table
May 20, 2009 10:42AM
Hello Frans,

In my case it all worked well when I click on the hourglass and then type the date I'm looking for. Only when I click on the date-column to sort the table on that column and then typing a date, I only can type 2 digits as you do. I've solved my problem with an event where I do the following:
When the table is sorted on the date-column and the table isn't yet in 'search-mode', I force the search-mode of the table and send the key once more.

// V2009.03-1: Alleen wanneer echt de tabel de focus heeft (en niet een kolom).
IF lsSubControl[="TBL_" _AND_ NOT TableInputInProgress(lsSubControl) THEN
____// Bepaal de kolom waarop gesorteerd wordt.
____lsSubControl=TableSortedColumn(lsSubControl)
____lsSubControl=ExtractString(lsSubControl,firstRank,TAcool smiley
____IF lsSubControl[ [1] ]="-" THEN lsSubControl=lsSubControl[[2 TO]]
____// Indien datum-kolom, zoekingave activeren en karakter nogmaals sturen.
____IF lsSubControl<>"" _AND_ {lsSubControl,indControl}..InputType=typInputDate THEN
________// Zoekingave activeren.
________TableInputSearch(lsSubControl)
________// Indien vanuit numerieke toetsenbord, karakter aanpassen.
________IF wparam>=VK_NUMPAD0 _AND_ wparam<=VK_NUMPAD9 THEN wparam-=48
________// Ingegeven karakter nogmaals sturen.
________SendKey(Charact(wparam))
____END
END

For some reason this doesn't solve my problem in every circumstances. It looks like there is a difference when the table can have a row selected or not. I didn't investigate further, because my major problem is solved with this.

HTH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 11:02AM by Louis Verbraak.
Frans
May 20, 2009 11:31AM
Hello Louis,

Thats fast (Overtoom?)

Thanks for your answer. I wil implement it.
I wil also send a message to PC-Soft so that they (hopefully) can solve this .

Regards,
Frans
Arie
May 20, 2009 11:45AM
Frans,

FYI: WD14 still has this bug.

Arie
Al
May 20, 2009 12:29PM
Hello

Is this perhaps a problem with filebrowse tables ? We use memory tables almost exclusively and searching on dates works fine. The masks we use are either dd/mm/yyyy or MMM/yyyyy

Regards
Al
Frans
May 20, 2009 07:01PM
Hello Al,

I used it with filebrowse. Didn't use it on memory tables.

Regards,

Frans
Louis Verbraak
May 20, 2009 08:46PM
Hello,

I only use it on memory tables.
Al
May 20, 2009 10:42PM
Hello again

We all must be doing something different, as no matter if I search then sort or sort and then search, or of I select a row or not it works perfectly for me in memory tables. When I click on the search magnify glass the mask in the column header shows as __/__/____ and as I type in the days and then the month and year, the table row shows the found entry as I go

In case it is a settings issue, these are the settings for the memory table that works ok
The table is marked as follows
General: Vertical,Totals below table
GUI : Visible, Selection(NoEdit),Accessible by tab. There is a double click event nominated, No right click event, cursor is default, No popumenu and shortcut is After&
Details: The following are ticked Tooltip of vertical toolbar,Proportioanl Scrollbar,Moving by pixel,5.5 compatible input mode, Store column settings, Select columns menu
Vertical scrollbar - Yes Horizontal Sscrollbar - auto

In the date column, the input mask is DD/MM/YYYY (in caps not lower case) and the returned value is YYYYMMDD - also in caps. Reset if zero is ticked. The initial status is visible, read-only

Could your problem have something to do with the old 5.5mode option or the mask ?

Regards
Al
Arie
May 20, 2009 11:27PM
Al,
try this
- click on a date column, which will be sorted then
- start typing, WITHOUT clicking the search magnifier
- WD will activate the search mode on the sorted column, autmoatically

When you do this on a date column, then you (well, I do...) get the described behavior. On date columns only the first 2 characters are working.

Arie
Al
May 21, 2009 12:22AM
Hello Arie

Yes you are right. Only 2 digits

I have never tried to do a search in that manner on a date column, I always click on the magnifying glass to search and I suspect all of our users as they have not reported the problem to us.

Regards
Al
Frans
May 21, 2009 01:01AM
Hello Arie,

You are right.
I did click on the sort and then start typing.

Regards,

Frans
Louis Verbraak
May 25, 2009 07:03PM
Hello to you all,

I had send a techsupport request and here is there answer:

"Thank you for this feedback. This problem has been submitted to our developers. It might require a fix or an upgrade. However it is not possible to tell at the moment. I will contact you as soon as I have new information on that matter. You may use the following reference if you contact the hotline 52918."

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.