Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merge two projects

Posted by Hans60 
Hans60
Merge two projects
May 12, 2009 09:50PM
I have a small project. Now I like to merge this with another small stand alone project.
I used the "File/ Import/Windev mobile Elements...
Result all windows have been imported but no Database info. Then I copied the analysis info over to the other Analysis. With the result that some paths have to be adjusted.

Error:A prefixed element is named 'SC_Tool' and there is no 'Tool' element without prefix.
WIN_Form_Tool.BTN_Validate, Click WIN_Form_Tool.BTN_Validate, line 5, column 4

My Question: is there a "official" way to import and merge all info including database info?

Thanks for any hints how this is best done!
Hans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 09:54PM by Hans60.
Toddy Utomo
Re: Merge two projects
May 13, 2009 06:15AM
Hans

Open the 1st analysis:
1. select file to be merge (include the link),
2. copy

Open the 2nd analysis,
3. paste

HTH
Toddy
Jimbo
May 13, 2009 09:07AM
Toddy Utomo
Hans

Open the 1st analysis:
1. select file to be merge (include the link),
2. copy

Open the 2nd analysis,
3. paste

HTH
Toddy

Hi Toddy, you're right, this is the way to go!

Add on: switch the magnification of the analysis to 10% and 'lasso' all of the files & links first and copy (Ctrl-C) them afterwards. Paste into the second analysis by Ctrl-V. You're not done, because PC Soft decided not to support this way of copying and therefore you'll find the files spread all over a huge area and you have a hell of a time to put things back into a tidy-looking scheme.

Beware: Do not import files by use of Structure of Files .. Import the descriptions of Files / Tables !! Though you're importing from HyperFile files and everything should be available, PC Soft decided to put the field variable names into the description - the imported files are more or less unusable afterwards!

Kind regards,
Guenter
Hans60
May 13, 2009 08:36PM
Ok thanks!
I will try again.
Hans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.