Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compilation Error

Posted by Dave 
Dave
Compilation Error
May 08, 2009 03:59PM
I'm having this problem with stored procedures as follows:

I added a new stored procedure to the analysis, saved and re-generated the analysis. The analysis is associated with a HF/CS server running locally on the development computer. The procedure reads records from HF/CS and returns a result using the RESULT statement. Everything good so far...

I entered the query editor and added a new calculated item, and selected the new stored procedure that I just created. When I press the check mark to save the query, WINDEV produced a fatal crash...

I restarted WINDEV and re-opened the project. I confirmed the prompts to load the auto saved query that was open.

Went back into the query and completed adding the stored procedure to the query. I tested the query and everything worked fine...

I added a second stored procedure to the analysis, this time after saving and re-generating the analysis, I got compilation errors "No Result will be returned by the expression" from other HExecuteProcedure statements referring to procedures that have been in place and working for a long time... All these procedures use the RESULT statement to return values back to the calling code.

I fear that my analysis might of become corrupt. I've run the repair analysis, deleted the .cpl directory and recompiled... No avail..

Any suggestions...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.