Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Import window from other user (Style problem)

Posted by Jimboss 
Jimboss
Import window from other user (Style problem)
May 07, 2009 01:10PM

When I import a window from an other user, i can't get the correct style imported.

When using a style in WinDev, it stores some gif files in your project map. But after importing a window, the path of the gif file is changed. I tried all three options in the import wizard, but everytime the path is changed.
Does somebody know how to solve this problem.

A little example of WinDev innerworking:

User1: WindowA, gif location: D:\MyProjects\WinDev12\Test\xyz.gif

User2: Imports WindowA from User1.
Also using D:\MyProjects\WinDev12\Test, on a other computer, as workingplace.
But after importing WindowA, WinDev changes the location to D:\MyProjects\WinDev12 .
Why ?
Jimbo
Re: Import window from other user (Style problem)
May 07, 2009 01:34PM
Jimboss
When I import a window from an other user, i can't get the correct style imported.

When using a style in WinDev, it stores some gif files in your project map. But after importing a window, the path of the gif file is changed. I tried all three options in the import wizard, but everytime the path is changed.
Does somebody know how to solve this problem.

A little example of WinDev innerworking:

User1: WindowA, gif location: D:\MyProjects\WinDev12\Test\xyz.gif

User2: Imports WindowA from User1.
Also using D:\MyProjects\WinDev12\Test, on a other computer, as workingplace.
But after importing WindowA, WinDev changes the location to D:\MyProjects\WinDev12 .
Why ?

Personally, I think, this is a great feature of WinDev! If you do not like that and if you're using the same version of WinDev, you can always copy the .wdw-file and open the window in the IDE and save it in order to incorporate it in the windows pool of your project. This prevents the re-naming of the graphics-paths, but I cannot see the advantage except for if you want to keep that style of the imported window.
Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.