Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Run webdev site from local and connect to MySQL Server on the server problem

Posted by vicheka.pcs.crosspost 
Dear everybody,

First, I develop a site in local and using natif access to connect to the mysql
and I import mysql on the server to mysql on my local and the connection is ok. Hower, when change my webdev site on my local to connect to the real mysql on the server it gives error cannot connect so what is the problem....

Here is the code:

//*** This line is used to connect to MySQL server via hNativeAccessMySQL library avec connection time out = 300
	HDescribeConnection("ConnexionMySQL","root","" ,"localhost" ,"databaseName" ,hNativeAccessMySQL,hOReadWrite,"WD Connection Timeout = 300; WD Command Timeout=300") 

//==========================================================================
	HDescribeConnection("ConnexionMySQL","userName","password" ,"sql1.abc.oleane.net" ,"databaseName" ,hNativeAccessMySQL,hOReadWrite,"WD Connection Timeout = 300; WD Command Timeout=300")

For the local is working fine but when i change to the mysql server on the server from my website in my computer it gives me errors:
cannot connect ...

Please help....,
Best Regardds,
Vicheka

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Hi,

Do you have a port opened on the firewall for the MySQL. Do you have the appropriate user rights granted on the server?

Can you connect to the server using some other program, say MS Access ?

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.