Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deploy a site need help from all of you

Posted by vicheka.pcs.crosspost 
vicheka.pcs.crosspost
Deploy a site need help from all of you
May 05, 2009 09:54AM
Dear everybody,

Sorry to disturb again. I hope you give me some ideas relating to the deployment of the site:
I just recently finish my website on webdev and now try to deploy so I have been doing research on
deployment but not enough information. By the way, I know that in order to deploy the site i have to go
to Workshop -> create a procedure for installation and next create the library (I follow the wizard) and then there are some options to choose the selecting the setup model and so I choose the first option "Deploy the webdev site on a remote webdev application server" and then come the next screen which contain two option: 1- Frist option: Deploy on (but it is gray) and 2- Second optioin:
Another server (Enter the parameters of the server now ) and so I do not have choice since the first option is gray (I do not know why since i am newbie to this) and come the next screen and there is information: "Specify the parameters for connecting to the application server. This information is supplied by your host or by your network administrator."
and next is the text box Address of the server (But I do not know what to input in this textbox) and next is the WebDev Account (But I use WebDev without any account why it requires me to input) and next is FTP account and I have input the FTP account User name and password but for the WebDev account User name and Password I did not input and I clicked on Advanced parameters and configure my FTP: ftp.abc.abc.com and for port i did not use 21 instead I delete it since i have configure ftp on FileZille with port = nothing. Then I click on button continue but it there is a warning for me to input WebDev Account so I just input anything like ADMIN with password empty
and then I am able to continue but then there is an error : "Unable to create the remote directory (ftp_webdev). The setup cannot be continued. Unable to create directory."

Please help me....

Best Regards,
Vicheka

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Paulo Oliveira
Re: Deploy a site need help from all of you
May 05, 2009 10:58AM
I'm going to assume that your site is dynamic webdev site and you are going to deploy in one machine with IIS.
If you site is AWP or PHP or you are going to use apache you must do something else.

For IIS:
1) generate the library (WDL)
2) copy the WDL and the YOUR_SITE_WEB dir to the deploy machine.
3) Install WEBDEV APPLICATION SERVER on the deploy machine.
4) Go to the WEBDEV APPLICATION SERVER and add your WDL
5) go to IIS and add one alias named YOUR_SITE_WEB

It's done.

PS: YOUR_SITE must be the name of your applcation.
Paulo Oliveira.pcs.crosspost
Re: Deploy a site need help from all of you
May 07, 2009 11:18AM
I'm going to assume that your site is dynamic webdev site and you are going to deploy in one machine with IIS.
If you site is AWP or PHP or you are going to use apache you must do something else.

For IIS:
1) generate the library (WDL)
2) copy the WDL and the YOUR_SITE_WEB dir to the deploy machine.
3) Install WEBDEV APPLICATION SERVER on the deploy machine.
4) Go to the WEBDEV APPLICATION SERVER and add your WDL
5) go to IIS and add one alias named YOUR_SITE_WEB

It's done.

PS: YOUR_SITE must be the name of your application.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.