Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Edit control problem.

Posted by Igor Pobi 
Igor Pobi
Edit control problem.
April 27, 2009 10:03AM
I have next problem: (Windev 12)

1. I create EDIT control "EDT_control1" and write some text when control is empty (Description -> Help -> Information text displayed when the control is empty).

2. I create button with this code: (when click): EDT_control1 = "" (set empty control)

3. Run program, enter some text in EDIT control and then click on button. Button execute code "EDT_control1 = "" but in EDT_control1, text entered into "text when control is empty" options IS NOT DISPLAYED !!!

Please test this !

Thanks !

Louis Verbraak
Re: Edit control problem.
April 27, 2009 12:25PM
Hello Igor,

Works well in my case. Same situation!!!???

HTH.
Igor Pobi
April 27, 2009 01:23PM
Hello !

Yes, your are correct. I test again. Works but FIRST time.
Please in runtime retry 2-3 times.
Louis Verbraak
April 27, 2009 04:28PM
Hello Igor,

I've tried some more times. First I thought it has something to do with the 'Store the value' and 'History of inputs' of the control. I went wrong 2 times, but now it dosn't matter which combination I set for these 2 properties it always reacts in the right way. Strange behaviour, but I'm afraid I can't help you any furhter.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.